Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does a cleaning lady do?

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:29 PM
  • 21 Replies

If you have had or are a cleaning lady what is typically done and is it worth the cost? I am 7 mo preggo with two toddlers/two dogs and live on a dusty dirt road so I finally broke down and called someone, they are coming out next week to evaluate and see what cost would be.... I have never had one and my house is decent but never feels clean enough I guess so just curious

by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Indy3000
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:33 PM

bump

Indy3000
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 5:45 PM

b

Indy3000
by Silver Member on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:28 PM

u

smvrn20
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 6:51 PM
Whatever you want them to do. They can do a deep clean, the whole house, certain rooms, light cleaning...depends on what services they offer and what you need.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 23, 2014 at 7:30 PM
You pay them to do what you want. Typically in my area they charge about $10-15 an hour with a two hour minimum.
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 1:36 AM
Well clean
But whatever you like. Ours Hoovers, mops and brushes all the floors, cleans all the bathrooms, polishes and dusts surfaces.
She does all the rooms except for our private bedrooms (unless we specially request them)
TaralynnStewart
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 1:45 AM
If it's going to be an continued agreement they do a deep clean initially. They clean every surface of the house. After that they come when requested and do touch up sweep, mop, vacuum, bathrooms, kitchen, dust etc.
LindzyMarie
by on Sep. 24, 2014 at 2:44 AM

I'm not sure. But the first question to ask is "Do you bring your own cleaning supplies?" I moved into a house recently and the house was very dirty, I asked the landlord to send a cleaning lady over because I didn't pay all this money to move into a dirty house. The lady showed up with NOTHING. Asked me where the cleaning supplies were. She used all my stuff and didn't even clean the whole house. What i did have her do is clean baseboards, windows, cabnets, and dust. Before I just gave up and told her I no longer needed her. She was awful. 

Indy3000
by Silver Member on Sep. 24, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Do you prefer them not to do your bedrooms?

Quoting StreetsAhead: Well clean But whatever you like. Ours Hoovers, mops and brushes all the floors, cleans all the bathrooms, polishes and dusts surfaces. She does all the rooms except for our private bedrooms (unless we specially request them)

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM

I've never had one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)