Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared to have sex 3rd trimester

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am in my third trimester and afraid to have sex. My water broke prematurely (1 month both children) for no reason given. My doc said not to be worried about it and I will be ok, but I still wonder. Would you be worried or have you avoided during third trimester?

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k9l1c5
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:01 PM
If it hasn't broken with this pregnancy, then I wouldn't worry about it. If it has then yeah I would be a little worried of exposing bacteria to the baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Oct. 19, 2014 at 12:00 AM

I can see why your nervous. I avoided it with my last child because we had a scare also.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 19, 2014 at 8:44 AM

we avoided it during the third trimester because I just wasn't comfortable and to huge to do it. :( lol

Indy3000
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Yup forgot to mention that too

Quoting mama2b100808:

we avoided it during the third trimester because I just wasn't comfortable and to huge to do it. :( lol

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Oct. 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM

It just wasn't to fun doing it one way and not being able to move because of your pregnant belly in the way. lol 

Quoting Indy3000:

Yup forgot to mention that too

Quoting mama2b100808:

sjenkins8208
by Member on Oct. 22, 2014 at 9:24 AM
It would be my dh to be worried my water would break. We had an early mc and he wouldn't even TOUCH me in a sexual way until the second trimester. But if your doctor isn't worried and you feel up to it "I" would :)
RheaF
by on Oct. 23, 2014 at 8:31 AM
It is too painful for me. We have not had sex since I was five months. And before that I was on pelvic rest for three and a half months. We are ok with that though, there will be plenty of time for sex once the baby is born and I heal.

You need to do what your comfortable with, if sex is off the table then don't stress it. There are other ways to be close and intimate with your SO.
SimplyStrange
by on Oct. 23, 2014 at 6:25 PM

nope i did doggy my whole 3rd trimester.

if you arent comfortable, dont do it. Trust your gut

**Please excuse my typos, i'm too lazy to impress grammar nazis**

kss12
by on Oct. 23, 2014 at 8:42 PM
I couldn't keep my hands off DH my whole pregnancy. I wouldn't worry especially if your dr is ok with it.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Oct. 24, 2014 at 2:45 PM

how premature were you with the other 2?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)