Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you sell/give away your baby items?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:08 PM
  • 86 Replies
I only have one little one, she is 2 and I am debating on selling her infant car seat. It is in great condition, the only thing holding me back is sentimental reasons lol. I know that is silly and I need to just get past it and sell it, I'm just a little worried that I will regret it. It expires in 2018 so I think by the time we have another one it won't be usable for us.

Did you sell or give away any of your baby gear and regret it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imperfect_Faith
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:09 PM
I sold and gave everything away as our youngest, now almost 5, got done with things, because we weren't going to have more. Now, I get to buy everything new, I'm pregnant :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k9l1c5
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:14 PM
I know we will be having more at some point, just not sure when. I am keeping all of her clothes, but some of the gender specific gear we bought is the only stuff I am considering selling... because there is no guarantee we would have another girl, BUT I know if we end up with another girl I'm going to be pissed at myself if I sell stuff. Aside from the car seat, because that expires so I can't hold on to that forever anyway. I currently have the implanon in my arm that I have tried to get out but no one can find... it is too deep in my arm... so as of right now I have no idea if this thing will be stuck in my arm forever, and if it is how long the hormonal effects may be for.

Quoting Imperfect_Faith: I sold and gave everything away as our youngest, now almost 5, got done with things, because we weren't going to have more. Now, I get to buy everything new, I'm pregnant :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:16 PM

We gave away our stuff as soon as we knew we weren't having anymore children. 

purplemonkey702
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:20 PM

I gave my daughter's baby clothes to a friend while i was pregnant with my second daughter.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 15, 2014 at 5:25 PM
I sold a lot of stuff! And gave a lot away.
erin708
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:23 PM
We pass things around in the family. I gave a lot to my bil girlfriend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:27 PM

I've kept almost everything because we knew we would have more kids. I've sold and given away a few items that I didn't use with my son and didn't think I'd end up using with any future kids. Once I'm done having kids, I plan on keeping a small amount of clothes that had special meaning (like going home outfits), but that's it.

Donna.June
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM
I gave some baby gear to my sisters and exchanged the rest through the Babies'r'us trade in.

The clothes were passed down to my second dd, my neice, my third dd, my second niece, my fourth dd, and now my fifth dd. Soon they will go to my third neice due next month.

Lots of girls and I have one nephew. Lol

Also, I did save certain outfits, toys, and blankets for each of my girls. Those will not be passed to anyone.
Imperfect_Faith
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Yikes, I hope you get the implant situation figured out soon! How can it just disappear? Unless you're an incredibly obese person, there really isn't much arm...
I would just keep your baby things then, until you are done for sure, because that stuff is NOT cheap! My husband had a vasectomy, so we knew we were done and got rid of it all. I've started looking again, and I swear it's even more expensive now than it was 6 years ago when we first bought it all.

Quoting k9l1c5: I know we will be having more at some point, just not sure when. I am keeping all of her clothes, but some of the gender specific gear we bought is the only stuff I am considering selling... because there is no guarantee we would have another girl, BUT I know if we end up with another girl I'm going to be pissed at myself if I sell stuff. Aside from the car seat, because that expires so I can't hold on to that forever anyway. I currently have the implanon in my arm that I have tried to get out but no one can find... it is too deep in my arm... so as of right now I have no idea if this thing will be stuck in my arm forever, and if it is how long the hormonal effects may be for.

Quoting Imperfect_Faith: I sold and gave everything away as our youngest, now almost 5, got done with things, because we weren't going to have more. Now, I get to buy everything new, I'm pregnant :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HAHuskey
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I have 1 and would like more but, I'm going through divorce and the guy I'm talking to is almost 40 with a teen and 2 toddlers. He doesn't want more, ever. Lol We aren't serious but, I feel if we were to get serious we'd be fine with 3 around the same age. Our DDs are actually only a month apart. If I end up with someone else, I'll take it from there but, it'll be a while before I'm ready for another super serious relationship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)