Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I cut her off?

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM
  • 29 Replies

My neighbor and I are really good friends - depending on who's telling the story. We WERE really good friends, but she is constantly using me. She uses me for my car, money, food, etc. She uses my car at leqast twice a week to go to work, and often has me pick up her kids from school. Meanwhile, I'm being financially drained from having to fil my car up constantly for HER to drive around in it. I've spoken to her about it numerous times and it stops for a week or so before gradually piling up again. I am so frustrated and I feel like I'm cornered because she lives 5 feet away! How can I cut her off without creating a hostile living environment for me and my kids?

btw, she has a car, but no headlight.

by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:37 PM
Does she just need a bulb or is it the actual headlight?
Imperfect_Faith
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:38 PM
Just say no, or deal with it. There probably will be no easy way to deal with her, since she's grown to expect this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmygirls59
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:38 PM
It's the ballast? Idk what that is though

Quoting Mom2Phoenix2011: Does she just need a bulb or is it the actual headlight?
luvmygirls59
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:39 PM
I say no, but she guilty the shit out of me about it every time

Quoting Imperfect_Faith: Just say no, or deal with it. There probably will be no easy way to deal with her, since she's grown to expect this.
Imperfect_Faith
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:40 PM
Then stay strong, or deal with it, like I said. Those are your two options.

Quoting luvmygirls59: I say no, but she guilty the shit out of me about it every time

Quoting Imperfect_Faith: Just say no, or deal with it. There probably will be no easy way to deal with her, since she's grown to expect this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama2b100808
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Tell her the keys are lost
Mom2Phoenix2011
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:41 PM
Tell her to go get it fixed, this sounds like it has been going on a while and it could have been fixed already. It is not that expensive.
luvmygirls59
by Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:42 PM

Quoting Imperfect_Faith: Then stay strong, or deal with it, like I said. Those are your two options.
Quoting luvmygirls59: I say no, but she guilty the shit out of me about it every time

pretty much, you're right. I like helping people out, but she takes advantage of that. I'm just so not in the mood to deal with dreading walking out my front door every day.

nebcutie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:43 PM
Everytime she asks tell her you need gas money...not later now or she can not use it and not just $3 make sure it is enough to cover gas and a little extra for all the extra driving. When she asks about picking up the kids same thing.
Imperfect_Faith
by on Oct. 15, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I don't mind helping people out, but I also won't let them take advantage of me, my family comes first.

Quoting luvmygirls59:

Quoting Imperfect_Faith: Then stay strong, or deal with it, like I said. Those are your two options.

pretty much, you're right. I like helping people out, but she takes advantage of that. I'm just so not in the mood to deal with dreading walking out my front door every day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)