Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quiz: What's Your Perfect Baby Name?

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM
  • 4 Replies

Back in the day, iconic rock star Frank Zappa named his kid "Moon Unit." But that was then -- this is now. If you’re like most of today’s parents, you want the name you pick to not only reflect how you see the world -- but also help to open the door to your child’s success. That’s why Laura Wattenberg, author of The Baby Name Wizard: A Magical Method for Finding the Perfect Name for Your Baby, says that pondering the right name is time well spent -- now more than ever before. "Often we're meeting someone for the first time through electronic media, so our name makes the first impression; it’s the ultimate calling card."

Take our CafeMom quiz to find out which kind of name may be just right for your baby.

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Nov. 24, 2014 at 10:27 AM

More pragmatic than whimsical, you feel grounded in history and know that understanding and respecting the past sheds light on the present. "That's why you're attracted to classic names that have stood the test of time across generations,” says Wattenberg. These names are drawn from biblical references as well as historic and cultural figures. Among the most popular ones are Noah, Jacob, James, Elizabeth, Amelia, and a recent favorite -- Charlotte.

share your results with your frien
devilbabie
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:00 PM

sissyboogs
by Member on Nov. 24, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Mine said trendy....my kids names are definitely more traditional...
rachel216
by Bronze Member on Nov. 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM
I got traditional. ..my girls names I!don't think are very traditional at all...I have Myah and Aurora.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)