Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Time Mom Here!! :)

Posted by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM
  • 17 Replies

Woohoo!! After 7-8 months of trying, we're pregnant!! I am appox. 4 weeks. We found out at three weeks along. Went to the doctor for what I thought was recurring ovarian cysts/fibroid problems, only to find out we are pregnant! :) I'm 27, my name is Stephanie, and this is my first time ever being pregnant, and I'm super excited!

I don't have many symptoms right now. I just have occasional cramping (for a few weeks), sore/tender breasts (that are progressively getting worse by the day), I'm not craving anything but I can't seem to satisfy my hunger, and I have a metallic taste in mouth! Just had to share because I'm so excited!!! lol!!

by on Nov. 24, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Nov. 25, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Aww welcome to the group! Congrats! My name is Mandy and I am a sahm to one beautiful 6 year old daughter. Her name is Brianna. And I am married to my soul mate. :) I am a first time mommy as well. I didn't know about this site till after I had my daughter. :) But you came to the right place to find out answers. :) The cramping will come and go. But when your body starts growing to me it hurts a little. But it is a beautiful thing knowing you are carrying your own little life force inside you. :) Enjoy every second of it. :) 

k9l1c5
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Congrats and welcome!! I'm Khelsea, mommy to a 2 year old little girl. When do you have your first appointment/ultrasound?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fire_N_Ice
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Welcome and congratulations! I'm Kali, I'm also 27, and I'm also pregnant, I'm 5 weeks, and this is baby number 9 for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sabrew
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Thanks :) Yea, my cramping (when it does happen), is pretty uncomfortable. But I've been told that it's okay as long as it's not severe and not accompanied with bleeding.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Aww welcome to the group! Congrats! My name is Mandy and I am a sahm to one beautiful 6 year old daughter. Her name is Brianna. And I am married to my soul mate. :) I am a first time mommy as well. I didn't know about this site till after I had my daughter. :) But you came to the right place to find out answers. :) The cramping will come and go. But when your body starts growing to me it hurts a little. But it is a beautiful thing knowing you are carrying your own little life force inside you. :) Enjoy every second of it. :) 

sabrew
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:19 PM

Thanks!! My first appt isn't until the middle of December. We caught the positive very early at 3 weeks, so they may actually even push the date a little further by 1-3 weeks. I just want it already lol, even though I know they wouldn't be able to tell anything at four weeks :)

Quoting k9l1c5: Congrats and welcome!! I'm Khelsea, mommy to a 2 year old little girl. When do you have your first appointment/ultrasound?

sabrew
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:22 PM

9?? And you're so young! You must have been busy ;) lol. I'm guessing I'm about 4 weeks, according to what my hcg levels were from my second blood test. My last cycle was a little weird and I have no clue when I ovulated. You must be so busy!

Quoting Fire_N_Ice: Welcome and congratulations! I'm Kali, I'm also 27, and I'm also pregnant, I'm 5 weeks, and this is baby number 9 for us.

JessiFaye
by Member on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Congratulations!!! :) I was 27 when I had my first. He's 8.5 months old now... time will fly from this point on!! What is your due date? :)

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:22 PM

I know what you mean. You keep an eye on it and rest when you can. Even if you put yourself on bed rest for a little while it wouldn't hurt. 

Quoting sabrew:

Thanks :) Yea, my cramping (when it does happen), is pretty uncomfortable. But I've been told that it's okay as long as it's not severe and not accompanied with bleeding.

Quoting mama2b100808:

sabrew
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 12:25 PM

Thank you :) We are thinking about Aug 2, based off the first day of my last AF. I hope time flies, I want my first ultrasound already lol

Quoting JessiFaye:

Congratulations!!! :) I was 27 when I had my first. He's 8.5 months old now... time will fly from this point on!! What is your due date? :)

Fire_N_Ice
by on Nov. 25, 2014 at 1:28 PM
Two are technically step kids and one is adopted, and we have a set of twins :) I am pretty busy!

Quoting sabrew:

9?? And you're so young! You must have been busy ;) lol. I'm guessing I'm about 4 weeks, according to what my hcg levels were from my second blood test. My last cycle was a little weird and I have no clue when I ovulated. You must be so busy!

Quoting Fire_N_Ice: Welcome and congratulations! I'm Kali, I'm also 27, and I'm also pregnant, I'm 5 weeks, and this is baby number 9 for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)