Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quiz: Are You Ready for Another Baby?

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM
  • 3 Replies
Even if you're dreaming of a bigger family, "there's more to consider than just your longing," says Sally Wenkos Olds, author of The Complete Book of Breastfeeding. "Every new child affects your lifestyle, finances, career, and relationships -- including the one you have with your other child." In fact, adding just one more may not only mean double the pleasure -- but also twice the work. Our quiz will help you discover the yays, nays, and timing of your next little one.

Are You Ready for Another Baby?
Take the CafeMom Quiz!

by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Cafe Steph
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 10:02 AM

I took this one just for fun - my girls are teens and I'm not having anymore kids.

On a practical level it might seem that your “ducks are lined up,” but you’re still struggling with some ambivalence. Perhaps you’re finally enjoying leisure time with your partner or friends, or you’re returning to your career with renewed vigor, or you’re feeling whole and grateful with your family just as it is. Until you’re clear with your desires, if age isn’t a factor (almost half of women over 40 have fertility problems, according to the CDC), there’s no reason to rush into expanding your family.

RoaringLion
by on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM
Too Soon: Don’t believe that single children are doomed to feel deprived. Today there are 14 million "onlies," more than ever before, and studies show they’re not only free of maladjustment problems, they tend to have high self-esteem, know how to entertain themselves, have the skill to forge friendships, and become successful as adults. One child may also be easier on you. "If you find yourself overwhelmed now, you’re not ready to have another little one yet," says Wenkos Olds. "Don’t let anyone tell you that it’s no more trouble to have another baby -- it is." Listen to your intuition and give yourself time to weigh your decision carefully

I'm due in August with number 5 :) We're ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 4, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Mobile Photo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)