Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fleas!!??

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
Ok so we are have a flea problem and we don't even have any pets does anyone know of any kid safe flea stuff that's really cheap or that I can make
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommie1012
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Sprinkle salt on the floors and in dark corners and cracks. Let it set for a couple of days and then vacuum it up. The salt is for the fleas to eat, it dries them out and kills them, plus it runs them out of the house. I've done it a couple of times in the spring and summer and it works wonders.

sahm201314
by on Dec. 20, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Will it bring roaches and if not can I sprinkle it on the foam toppers for the bed and under the baby mattress?

Quoting mommie1012:

Sprinkle salt on the floors and in dark corners and cracks. Let it set for a couple of days and then vacuum it up. The salt is for the fleas to eat, it dries them out and kills them, plus it runs them out of the house. I've done it a couple of times in the spring and summer and it works wonders.

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Dec. 20, 2014 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this
At night shine a light on a bowl of soapy water (make sure that's the only light and they will all jump in the soapy water and die).
ZOSO
by New Member on Dec. 20, 2014 at 7:44 PM
Are you sure it's fleas?
mommie1012
by on Dec. 21, 2014 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this

No it won't bring roaches, it dries them out as well. It is completely safe to put down, you can put it anywhere.

Quoting sahm201314: Will it bring roaches and if not can I sprinkle it on the foam toppers for the bed and under the baby mattress?
Quoting mommie1012:

britbeth
by Member on Dec. 21, 2014 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Use lotion with lavender to keep them off your kids. Don't know why it works, but it did for me a while back when my sister brought home a stray.
k9l1c5
by on Dec. 23, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Never heard of this salt trick, will have to keep this in the back of my head!

Quoting mommie1012:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)