Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How RUDE! Would you be mad over this?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:43 PM
  • 18 Replies

Yesterday at the store, I thought I'd like to have some pie after putting my daughter to bed as a way to celebrate the end of a very long year. I called my husband up, though, and asked him if he wanted one, whether lemon like I was getting, or another flavor, and he said, no, he didn't really like pie, so I bought the one slice and stopped home to put it away before heading off to my 2nd shift (had to work a split yesterday). Anyway, when I got home, I was so looking forward to that pie and found out that it was gone! He ate because he "just felt like something sweet and that was all there was in there." Not only that, but because he admittedly doesn't really like pie all that much and supposedly hates lemon pie, he only ate a couple bites and threw the rest of the slice away! WTF? Why didn't he just go get something else, then, and leave me the pie I specifically bought for myself? Would you be mad over this, too?

by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Even though he said no. You should have bought an extra one yesturday.

That's what I do. Just in case he decides to habe one.
by Silver Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:33 PM
Yes, I would be very irritated. My df occasionally does this to me and it drives me nuts so now, whether he says he wants one or not, I get one for him.

He's the worst at saying he doesn't want a drink when we go through a drive thru, which doesn't happen often but mostly on road trips. So I get a drink and then he proceeds to drink all of mine because "he was thirsty". Then why not just say you want a drink?!?!?! It's so irritating to me. I just make him get a drink now because I don't want him to drink all mine and leave me with none.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:45 PM
I hate when dh does crap like that to me. I'd be pissed to.
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Yes his ass would be going to buy me another piece
by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:05 PM
I probably would have cried. Rational? Not at all...but I'm pregnant and that would have pissed me off lol
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 2:25 PM
MY husbands family is kinda like that. His mom once made a special pie for the last dinner before his brother would move to a different country.
It was really important to her and she even wrote his name on the top. Unaware of what she was planning, my brother in law announced that he was going to go out to eat with his girlfriend. Mom started crying and the whole meal was awkward until she dismissed herself to bed early.
After a dramatic display like that, id think everyone would see that that pie was kinda special, and no one should eat it without her. But no. My father in law pulled it out of the fridge and asked if we should eat it. I thought he was joking and said, "haha, no not while she's sleeping.we can wait and do it tomorrow morning." But he kept insisting. Saying, "no i think that her going to Bed was her Way of saying she would want us to eat it." And then he did! He cut it up and served it to everyone without her! He even had seconds. He asked me if I wanted a piece and I gave a very sour "no thank you." He still didn't even pause.
I was floored. Who cares if we ever eat that stupid pie! It was just a representation of mom's feelings! We can't eat it without her when she went to bed crying!!
by Kali on Dec. 31, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Hell yeah I would! His butt would be going to the store and getting me more pie. Lol
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 7:34 PM

Yes I would be mad!

by Member on Dec. 31, 2014 at 8:32 PM
I'd be pretty upset too. I typically get to eat my special treats, but when I don't, I get pretty pissed.
by Member on Jan. 1, 2015 at 12:45 PM

Yea that's so rude.  I'd be pissed.  My dh will sometimes take bites out of stuff I buy specificallyfor myself but he'll always save me part of it and if I tell him to leave it alone he will.  Even if he does take a bite or two of something, he'll always put it back.  Why throw something perfectly good away?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)