Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being a single mom doesn't mean you're better than me!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:43 PM
  • 28 Replies
1 mom liked this

One of my friends seems to think she's better than me or our other married friends because she's doing it all solo. She's doing good handling her brood on her own, I'll give her that, but she's not married or with any of her 3 kids' dads, 3 different dads, because she cheated!

I don't get her superior attitude, especially when lots of women are married but still do 99% of the childrearing and such on their own because their men are away, deployed, or just losers, lol. I've been a single mom, and I know how hard it can be, but I never thought I was better than anybody.

Is she really a better mom because she's doing it all on her own? 

by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:50 PM
Both my sil and I were single parents. And was doing everything in our power to help get what our kids needed.

I have a friend who is exactly like this.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:37 PM

I hate people like that.

LittlePistol87
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:37 PM
3 moms liked this
No. She's not better than you. No one is better than anyone else.
JleeB
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:58 PM
Women that act like that make me laugh. Her choices make her look ridiculous in my opinion. 3 kids with 3 different men and she isn't with any of them bc she cheats? She sounds like a hoebag.
mrsniebo
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM
No one does it completely on their own. She's probably at the very least relying on daycare or the occasional babysitter. It's not something to take a superior attitude about.
mommyoftoddlers
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:29 PM

No one is better than anyone, imo everyone is just different! Her way of thinking sucks but don't let it bother you... oh well. Let her feel good about herself if that's what she needs to get by then so be it. You do you! 

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Jan. 20, 2015 at 3:55 PM
She probably is just trying to make herself feel better imo. I've never been a single parent but watched my mom do it and it seems super tough. But that doesn't make you a better person.
Frances0923
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:41 PM
I am a single mom and I do not think I'm better than anyone nor do I think that anyone is better than me. I do everything on my own Financially but my son has a great father who is very active in his life.
Mommabear81312
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 6:44 PM

Sounds like shes a jealous mom. 

SAHM2011
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:55 PM

I was a single mother before I met my now, DH of 4 years. It is tough and it is a huge transition. I was always proud of myself for what I had done, but never considered myself better than anyone else. It doesn't matter if you are a single mother or married, each will have their struggles, their set backs, as well as their positives. If she chooses to think like that then oh well, that just goes to show you how inconsistent her choices will always be as long as she continues to think this way. Most people who boast are very self conscious, or try to always provide some grounds to make themselves look better to gain some type of 'sympathy' or 'approval from others. That doesn't mean you should let it bother you at all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)