Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2015 at 2:47 AM
  • 8 Replies

We used to be the best of friends, now she cant stand me. Constantly making comments.

Anyone else have problems like this

What does this mean for my almost 2 year relationship he is the step dad to my daughter always been there she loves him like he was her real father.

by on Feb. 21, 2015 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2015 at 11:00 AM
I've never met my three SILs so we don't have issues like that. Whether she likes you or not, it shouldn't effect your relationship with your man.
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2015 at 11:14 AM
Why cant she stand you ? And i havent ever delt with this but i would just ignore her
by on Feb. 21, 2015 at 1:17 PM

I have no idea what it means. Why can't she stand you? I think you both need to sit down and talk it out because you know be in the family a long time. 

by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 1:34 PM
I had this problem with my in-laws. If he truly loves you, he will not put your sister in-law's opinions to heart. Trust me, the best thing to do is STAY AWAY FROM HER. I know from experience that when you have an in-law that doesn't like you, stay away from them and don't let them walk over you. Also, always let your boyfriend know the reason why you are staying away. I sure do hope that he's not allowing all that talk in front of him.
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2015 at 8:43 PM
I'm close the sil I have through my brothers, and the bils, but my husband's sister, I've never gotten along with, and after recent events, I will never speak to her again without a lawyer present.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 23, 2015 at 11:28 PM
I've had a very vicious relationship with my sil. We used to be close but after she got pregnant with her first child and her and husband starting having problems it was bad. It had gotten so bad she said I would never see her children again. She even tried to send dating ads to dh's phone to frame him for cheating. My personal situation unfortunately is I have to be the adult and smile when I'm around her. We aren't buddy buddy anymore, just family members that see each other at family functions. If we must talk it's only about the kids, when she makes a parenting comment or challenges my parenting style/choice I just stop talking until the conversation goes somewhere else. I'm sorry that you are going through that, I know, it's horrible. I hope things get better for you.
by on Feb. 24, 2015 at 3:30 AM
I am in the exact same situation. When i first came In the picture and was pregnant, she was cold but we eventual became friends. She younger than us and at the time was a senior in high school but has some emotional and mental issues so her maturity level isn't what an average senior would be at.

Then one day, it was like a flip just switched and she hates me. Talks crap about me. Won't talk to me, hardly spends time with her niece. Her brother, my SO had to tell her she needed to say hi and be respectful if she was going to come to our house. It's a miserable situation so believe me, I feel for you.

For me, I'm just polite and just be the bigger person. Obviously if a line is crossed, I will stand up for myself and my child and family and I don't think anyone in my SOs family would blame me but at the moment, I just keep the peace and keep my mouth shut because she just looks dumb and immature for treating someone disrespectfully when that person has done nothing wrong.

Keep your head up and just keep in mind you haven't done anything wrong, you don't deserve it and you are a better person for acting like the adult you are!

If you ever need to vent or talk, I'm here!
by on Feb. 24, 2015 at 4:09 AM
slap her in the face and tell her to grow the fuck up?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)