Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

His Girlfriend

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:45 PM
  • 5 Replies

My father in law has been dating this woman for going on 7 months now and well she is nice and all...but she is just weird! Here is a bit about her first: she has no family, is about mid forties and has no kids and rarely dated. She has a lot of the same interests and issues (anxiety, ocd) as my fil. My fil has been a widow going on 7 years now and his best friend has been his fat cat Oskar since then.So it was exciting that he finally has someone to share his life with that isn't a cat.

Anyway moving on. Because fil's girlfriend works nights on and off, she doesn't always come to family functions or get togethers. Which is a blessing because she is just weird when she comes. Today at Easter Brunch/ dh's neice's 7th birthday party, the gf rubbed fil's area at the table. I was sadly there and heard her say, "Oh!" followed by fil's "Oh!" Then there was later when they were leaving, as fil was saying his good byes, his gf is pinching his butt! She makes sexual innudenos about her and fil whenever we hang out with them. She is all over fil normally..like in his lap practically cuddle or touching his butt. Everyone notices. 

I get it. They are in love and happy about it. But that's my fil and dh's dad. It just uncomfortable sometimes. I'm sorry but I figure if we have to suffer then I should at least pass it on. Ugh lol.

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 7:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:58 PM

LOL  Oh my.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Apr. 6, 2015 at 9:23 AM

LMBO! It is so funny seeing older people dating. Hopefully she will chill out soon when it front of family. 

Cafe Steph
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL, you might need to remind him gently that there are children present who don't need to see them being quiet so affectionate or hear their sexual references.  ;)

SaintJudes
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

That's gross, I would tell her up front and personally that that is not okay. She doesn't have kids, maybe that's why she doesn't know it's not okay, or maybe she does know, but has little self control, or doesnt care. 

3againstitall
by Member on Apr. 6, 2015 at 7:52 PM

What I found even stranger about it is...my sister in law hates hates her dad's girlfriend. Like from the second they met. My sister in law will literally leave if the girlfriend shows up. Luckily my sister in law has never seen these intereactions between the two. However having this go on will certain not help my sister in law feel at ease!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)