Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stinky hair

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have a question for you ladies. My dd 6 has stinky hair no matter how much I wash it I feel like her hair is stinky. We use the suave 3 in 1 shampoo. I think its time to switch her shampoo up but i am afraid of using adult shampoo on her. What shampoo do you use on your kids and how old are they?

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lilmama8408
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 9:43 PM
I use head and shoulders on my 6yr old 2x a week and then I use kids shampoo any other time in the week.

I also use it 1x a week on my 8month old and 2yr old.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Apr. 5, 2015 at 10:54 PM

I use adult shampoo on my daughter because of the texture of her hair.

Cafe Steph
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Some shampoos don't rinse out well and that can cause sour, stinky hair. Try rinsing her hair with apple cider vinegar before shampooing with a new shampoo to get rid of any residue left behind by the Suave.

We like Tresemme because a little goes a long way, or Head & Shoulders, but there are a lot of good shampoos out there and you may need to experiment before you find one that works well in her hair.

MissMackiesgg
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 11:31 AM

I use apple cider vinegar and baking soda. 8 oz of water,  oz acv and  TBS of baking soda. When it quits foaming I shake well to mix it up before pouring over my head. I leave it on for 2 minutes before I rinse. I use a 6 oz water bottle to mix this up in. I do this 2 x's a month.

Quoting Cafe Steph:

Some shampoos don't rinse out well and that can cause sour, stinky hair. Try rinsing her hair with apple cider vinegar before shampooing with a new shampoo to get rid of any residue left behind by the Suave.

We like Tresemme because a little goes a long way, or Head & Shoulders, but there are a lot of good shampoos out there and you may need to experiment before you find one that works well in her hair.

Mischa15
by on Apr. 6, 2015 at 11:59 AM
DD 5 uses whatever DH and I use, usually Bed Head or another salon brand. She has fine hair that tangles easily and it's horrible to comb through when I use Suave Kids or anything similar.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)