Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you celebrate Mother's Day?

Posted by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:19 PM
  • 8 Replies

This is my first year as a married on Mother's Day and my husband has said he and the kids are taking me out to dinner Saturday night. Then we'll drop stepson off with his mom after dinner so she'll have her son with her on Sunday. My ex-mil wants to see my dd on Sunday, too, so we're going to meet up with her for breakfast and then swing by current mil's for lunch. She's mad that she won't have her grandson this year but dh told her that his ex deserves to have her son with her for Mother's Day, too, so she kind of quieted after that, lol.

How do you celebrate Mother's Day? If your mom and/or mil are living, do you spend time with them?

by on May. 5, 2015 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amberNewman0213
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:25 PM
I wake up and hubs has the kids for the day and I get the morning to myself for the most part. Then we all go out to eat as a family to my favorite place. After that my mil host a mother's day dinner.

My mom and me don't speak at all so that solves that problem lol.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on May. 5, 2015 at 1:40 PM

We usually go out to eat. My husband, I and our daughter. and after that visit with mil. 

oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2015 at 1:59 PM
My mil lives in iowa with fil sister in laws and brother in law and my nephews

We will only have my mom to celebrate. This year we are going to quaker steak.

The first time i celebrated mothers day was in 2013 With dd and then i had to go to work. Two years on mothers day. This is my first year celebrating it with my seven month old son.
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on May. 5, 2015 at 2:18 PM

We don't really celebrate it at all.

rach_mommy
by Member on May. 5, 2015 at 3:56 PM
SO has work at 5am on Mother's Day :( So I'll probably just head to my moms once all 3 of my minions are awake and I get them all ready. Then we'll probably figure out what to so from there. So I don't really have any specific plans as of now.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on May. 5, 2015 at 4:31 PM
We do something different each year but we do spend time all together. Sometimes we see MIL but I'd rather not tbh.
StreetsAhead
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2015 at 3:49 AM
We don't, ours has been and gone
Butterfly_xo
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2015 at 4:06 PM
This will be my fourth Mother's Day, second one married :) For our first, my husband and bil made a big breakfast for me and my mil. They brought us flowers and cards. It was beautiful. We then went out to dinner with my mom. On my second Mother's Day, my father made us a nice lobster dinner. My husband brought me flowers, a card and some cheesecake :) We had just experienced our first miscarriage 2 days before. And the previous morning was spent in the hospital because I was bleeding :-/ My third Mother's Day, we were being discharged from the hospital because I had just given birth to our second son :) We went out to dinner 2 nights before and my husband got me flowers. This year, our son's 1st birthday falls on Mother's Day but we will be having his party the day before. My mother is also driving down so it's going to be really nice :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)