Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hate his work schedule

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:26 AM
  • 11 Replies
I hate DH new work hours. Today he went in 10:45am and got home around 1:40am. Now he's up and isn't going to bed cuz he has to work over night tomorrow go in at 11pm and get off 11am. I'm ready for him to just have a steady schedule that isn't so random. Now I'm up at almost 3:30 am and have to be awake in 4 1/2 hours to tske DS to summer school.
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 4:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 8:23 AM

Oh darn! Yeah I would really dislike that work schedule myself! I am sorry hopefully one day he will have a steady schedule. 

lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:58 AM
He will over time once he bids on a route after training. Seniority always gets first choice though so just Gotta see when that is. He did mention to me about possibly going back to the company he just left I guess he's contacted them they called my phone Monday. It would be a $5 Pay cut down to $20/hr which is still good money and has a set schedule.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Oh darn! Yeah I would really dislike that work schedule myself! I am sorry hopefully one day he will have a steady schedule. 

mama2b100808
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 10:30 AM
That sounds good! Hope he thinks about it.

Quoting lovely.mess: He will over time once he bids on a route after training. Seniority always gets first choice though so just Gotta see when that is. He did mention to me about possibly going back to the company he just left I guess he's contacted them they called my phone Monday. It would be a $5 Pay cut down to $20/hr which is still good money and has a set schedule.

Quoting mama2b100808:

girlfriendcj70
by Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:01 PM
That stinks. I hope they can adjust it. My husband also works late hours. Hugs
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:05 PM
Probably not anytime soon and he works like 70 hours a week. Which he's pissed about.

Quoting girlfriendcj70: That stinks. I hope they can adjust it. My husband also works late hours. Hugs
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:10 PM
He's waiting to hear back from them. He said he would have just stayed with them if he knew it would be like this. He likesb over time like the next person but 70 hours is to much. 3 guys wrecked their trucks from being sleep deprived since he started working there a month ago. Then at his 30 day yesterday one of the bosses got onto him about complaining about how many hours a week. He said if he was to tired to drive one day he wasn't going in not worth wrecking a big rig and killing yourself or someone else.

Quoting mama2b100808: That sounds good! Hope he thinks about it.

Quoting lovely.mess: He will over time once he bids on a route after training. Seniority always gets first choice though so just Gotta see when that is. He did mention to me about possibly going back to the company he just left I guess he's contacted them they called my phone Monday. It would be a $5 Pay cut down to $20/hr which is still good money and has a set schedule.

Quoting mama2b100808:

mama2b100808
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:15 PM

well at least he cares about himself and others than doing what is boss wants. 

Quoting lovely.mess: He's waiting to hear back from them. He said he would have just stayed with them if he knew it would be like this. He likesb over time like the next person but 70 hours is to much. 3 guys wrecked their trucks from being sleep deprived since he started working there a month ago. Then at his 30 day yesterday one of the bosses got onto him about complaining about how many hours a week. He said if he was to tired to drive one day he wasn't going in not worth wrecking a big rig and killing yourself or someone else.
Quoting mama2b100808: That sounds good! Hope he thinks about it.
Quoting mama2b100808:

PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 1:18 PM
That sucks. Sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Native.Twist
by Ariana on Jun. 4, 2015 at 6:20 AM

mine is a steady 630 pm to 630 am, my dh 5am to 4pm we say hi and bye all day to each other it sucks but thats life

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jun. 4, 2015 at 11:51 PM

That stinks. My husbands schedule ia like that also. He is a taxi driver. It sucks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)