Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks giving nightmare?

Posted by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:35 PM
  • 12 Replies
Well SO mother has a year left to live, our daughter is due nov 10 and SO asked if she can be at the hospital (waiting room till she's born) i agreed and he also asked if I could cook thanks giving dinner for his family (he's got a big family) I said sure and made a list. In cali we had sea food for thanks giving, I didn't know others didn't do this, so I'll be making a normal thanks giving dinner.

I just remembered I can't cook a turkey... I over or under cook it :( now i am worried. I want to make it a good meal and maybe not send everyone to the ER any ideas?
by on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:36 PM
Sorry your title needs to be fixed. No bad words

Quoting Chelsealynnengl: Well SO mother has a year left to live, our daughter is due nov 10 and SO asked if she can be at the hospital (waiting room till she's born) i agreed and he also asked if I could cook thanks giving dinner for his family (he's got a big family) I said sure and made a list. In cali we had sea food for thanks giving, I didn't know others didn't do this, so I'll be making a normal thanks giving dinner.

I just remembered I can't cook a turkey... I over or under cook it :( now i am worried. I want to make it a good meal and maybe not send everyone to the ER any ideas?
Chelsealynnengl
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM
Oaky sorry

Quoting mama2b100808: Sorry your title needs to be fixed. No bad words

Quoting Chelsealynnengl: Well SO mother has a year left to live, our daughter is due nov 10 and SO asked if she can be at the hospital (waiting room till she's born) i agreed and he also asked if I could cook thanks giving dinner for his family (he's got a big family) I said sure and made a list. In cali we had sea food for thanks giving, I didn't know others didn't do this, so I'll be making a normal thanks giving dinner.

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM

Its okay. it just cafemom's rules and this is their group. :) Thank for changing it. 

Quoting Chelsealynnengl: Oaky sorry
Quoting Chelsealynnengl: Well SO mother has a year left to live, our daughter is due nov 10 and SO asked if she can be at the hospital (waiting room till she's born) i agreed and he also asked if I could cook thanks giving dinner for his family (he's got a big family) I said sure and made a list. In cali we had sea food for thanks giving, I didn't know others didn't do this, so I'll be making a normal thanks giving dinner. I just remembered I can't cook a turkey... I over or under cook it :( now i am worried. I want to make it a good meal and maybe not send everyone to the ER any ideas?

Chelsealynnengl
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:41 PM
No problem thanks for telling :) now to figure out how to cook a turkey >.< honestly never thought about turkey on thanks giving in my family we ate sea food.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Its okay. it just cafemom's rules and this is their group. :) Thank for changing it. 

mama2b100808
by Mandy on Sep. 25, 2015 at 2:51 PM
Wish I could help you. My husband does that part. Youtube some videos on how to cook a turkey .

Quoting Chelsealynnengl: No problem thanks for telling :) now to figure out how to cook a turkey >.< honestly never thought about turkey on thanks giving in my family we ate sea food.

Quoting mama2b100808:

Chelsealynnengl
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:03 PM
Lol I asked mine to cook it and I'll cook the rest but he wants to make a lessen out of it 😂😂

Quoting mama2b100808: Wish I could help you. My husband does that part. Youtube some videos on how to cook a turkey .

Quoting Chelsealynnengl: No problem thanks for telling :) now to figure out how to cook a turkey >.< honestly never thought about turkey on thanks giving in my family we ate sea food.

Quoting mama2b100808:

PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 25, 2015 at 3:59 PM
Cooking a turkey is EASY! Get one with a pop up timer to make it easier.

I make an herb mayo to rub all over, stuff it with a whole apple or two and some chopped up onion. Also add stick of butter. It is seriously the best turkey I have ever had and is a big hit every year.

Chelsealynnengl
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:05 PM
I'll give it a try :) like I said I've never done turkey on thanks giving it's always been sea food so this is a whole new thing

Quoting PeaceMuch: Cooking a turkey is EASY! Get one with a pop up timer to make it easier.

I make an herb mayo to rub all over, stuff it with a whole apple or two and some chopped up onion. Also add stick of butter. It is seriously the best turkey I have ever had and is a big hit every year.

mrsc19
by Member on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:24 PM
Last yr was my first time ever making a turkey. Reynolds sells these turkey oven bags i followed the instructions at the back.
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Sep. 25, 2015 at 4:31 PM
I was nervous when I made my first one too but if you have basic cooking knowledge you'll be fine!

Quoting Chelsealynnengl: I'll give it a try :) like I said I've never done turkey on thanks giving it's always been sea food so this is a whole new thing

Quoting PeaceMuch: Cooking a turkey is EASY! Get one with a pop up timer to make it easier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)