Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Destructive baby.. .

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:39 PM
  • 9 Replies
I've got a nine month old daughter that LOOOVES tearing up, ripping and shredding anything. My 7yr old ds never did this... Anyone else's child do/did this? Is it normal? :\
by on Oct. 26, 2015 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Devon143
by Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 12:19 PM
1 mom liked this
My 16 month old is a terrorist. She's destroys everything!
RedTractorMommy
by Member on Oct. 27, 2015 at 6:19 PM
Bump
PeaceMuch
by Kali on Oct. 27, 2015 at 7:09 PM
Oh yeah, it's normal. Lol
melindabelcher
by on Oct. 28, 2015 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh absolutely! 

Theres lots of great ideas on Pinterest! 

I'm going to take some receiving blankets and cut them into strips so she can pull them out of tissue boxes or wipe containers. 

Cloth scraps inside a ball. 

Ribbons knotted that they can pull back and forth through small containers (Like mini oatmeal style ones)

mama2b100808
by on Oct. 28, 2015 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

it is normal. You will have to keep taking things away from her telling her you can't do that. :) Try not to say no because she will start using that on you. LOL I am learning my lesson on that one. 

RedTractorMommy
by Member on Nov. 1, 2015 at 11:42 AM
Awesome ideas! Never thought about Pinterest! I look up everything else on there!!

Quoting melindabelcher:

Oh absolutely! 

Theres lots of great ideas on Pinterest! 

I'm going to take some receiving blankets and cut them into strips so she can pull them out of tissue boxes or wipe containers. 

Cloth scraps inside a ball. 

Ribbons knotted that they can pull back and forth through small containers (Like mini oatmeal style ones)

MistyMoo
by on Nov. 1, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Totally normal
BLT_sammich
by Member on Nov. 2, 2015 at 8:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I'd say it's normal, just like how some kids poop 3 times a day and some only poop once. There's nothing wrong with it but it is messy! Just wait until she can reach doorknobs and goes into bathrooms and unrolls the toilet paper. DS is currently in the spitting stage..he thinks it's fun to spray water everywhere. And unroll the toilet paper. He's 22mos and seriously difficult now, esp with being a 'single' mom. He listens to his dad over phone calls but not me. Ugh!!! I feel your pain!
rachellaree20
by Member on Nov. 2, 2015 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is that way.  She was when she was about your daughter's age and still now at 2 she likes to rip things up and eat paper.  My youngest is 1 and he will do that sometimes but not nearly as often as my daughter...he's super mellow and laid-back compared to her.  It's normal.  I'm just thankful they aren't like me when I was little, I ripped up pillows and couch cushions and ate cotton out of them :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)