Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TBT :)

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:13 PM
  • 2 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Throw back Thursday to almost 2 years ago. I can't believe it's almost time to go again. When my DF and I first got back together he said he always had an artificial Christmas tree. I was in shock I supppse. My grandmother who passed away when I was 8 made sure my older brother and I always had a real one. After she passed my mom didn't keep that tradition and it broke my heart. Well I convinced him we should find a Christmas Tree farm and start a family tradition with the kids. My sons were 3 1/2, & 1 almost 2 the first year we went. I was pregnant with our DD. Last year DF and I went and kept the tradition up like promised, DD was 4 months and DF proposed :) needless to say this tradition is very close to my heart. Do any of you have family traditions? What are they?
by on Oct. 29, 2015 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
wickedflower
by on Nov. 1, 2015 at 8:39 AM

That is very sweet! I used to have real pine trees when I was a kid but I haven't had them since I moved here to TN. I think they smell really good!! We don't have family traditions because we live with dhs family, but I would love to scavenger hunts during the holidays and things like that. But we do decorate together.

Magical_Mommy92
by Member on Nov. 1, 2015 at 2:31 PM
Awe well I hope one day y'all get to start a couple family traditions :) decorating together counts as one so your already on your way. Another thing my grandma would do is take us out almost every night before Christmas for almost a week to different towns to look at the lights it was beautiful. I miss her very much. And thank you for your kind words. I'm from Arkansas but we drive an hour and a half away to get our real tree. But Santa is there, they have hot cocoa, and we even get to stop in a bigger city to buy a couple Christmas presents so it makes for a fun trip the kids enjoy it a lot. It holds a lot of special meaning to me :)

Quoting wickedflower:

That is very sweet! I used to have real pine trees when I was a kid but I haven't had them since I moved here to TN. I think they smell really good!! We don't have family traditions because we live with dhs family, but I would love to scavenger hunts during the holidays and things like that. But we do decorate together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)