Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

car seat travel systems?? need guidance.

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 1:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

i am not due until June, but i am wanting to get an idea of what brand of carseat to look into for my newborn baby. its been 7 years and i feel out of the loop but keep seeing recalls. do any of you ladies have any recommendations? i would like to get a travel system so that i can easily put the seat from the base to the stroller. i want something safe obviously, but also comfy and supportive of a newborn's floppiness. thanks!

by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Firstcamelove
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:09 AM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I bought the chicco brand travel system. I absolutely love it!! It has a nice pad on the bottom for when theyre teeny its more comfortable for them, and they dont look lost in the carseat. (its also removable when they get bigger.)
I love how easy it goes from car to stroller! Super nice, ive never had any problems with it, ive had it for almost 10 months, and im always ln the go, so basically its been used every single day. Same with stroller.
I bought it online from Target, and the awesome thing is, every so often they put all their Chicco stuff on sale for 20% off! So after taxes and shipping, the 20% off and the 5% redcard discount, we only ended up paying $230. Which is a super price for a nice travel set.
Just google "target chicco coupon", or "Chicco travel system sale".
I put a link below to the exact stroller i bought.
Hope this helps!! :) congrats and good luck!

http://m.target.com/p/chicco-cortina-keyfit-30-travel-system/-/A-16343355?ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=16343355&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Baby%2BShopping&adgroup=SC_Baby&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9016440&gclid=Cj0KEQiA5oy1BRDQh6Wd572hsfkBEiQAfdTPCliloVf8hGGhykNUV4zWPHV9ip01CJsxPITZRasv49kaAtXo8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
melindabelcher
by on Jan. 23, 2016 at 7:32 AM
The best thing most people find it getting a good car seat and a getting a good stroller. Don't compromise on stroller if you intend on using it for many years. What will you be using the stroller for? Running? Everyday? Occasional?

I love love love the BOB running stroller (but I do run). You can buy an adapter to fit the car seat of choice. The baby jogger (not a running stroller) is also a very highly rated long use stroller.
Car seats: Chico, Bob, Bsafe, Graco 35 (classic connect or click connect), Nuna Pippa (what we are likely getting) maxi cosi prezi, Britax chaperone are all really good seats with an ability to fit a wide variety of babies.

ultimately every car seat on the market passes the same crash testing. You are paying extra or less for the company, accessories, materials and longevity of use.
It comes down to budget.
And the most important thing regardless of what seat you buy is knowing how to properly install and use the car seat.
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 9:28 AM
I have a chicco and love how the stroller can lay flat which is great for new babies.
mnkymommy08
by Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 12:34 PM
I have the Britax Marathon in ny husband's car and the Diono Radian XT in mine. When DS was born we had the Britax B-Safe and B-Agile travel system. The B-agile is a great stroller. Goes from newborn-55 lbs. I babywear so DS's seat stayed in the base most of the time. We switched him to the convertible seat when he was about 10 months old. He's 2 now and still RFing comfortably in both seats. I still wear him now unless he wants to tag along with his 3 sisters or go in his stroller.
oliveoil423
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2016 at 5:15 PM
I have graco. And love it. My son just grewout of his rear facing at seven months we just got the car seat because we got the double stroller to go with it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)