Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2nd child half siblings

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

So when I was 17 I got pregnant with the man I thought would soon be my husband but because of my mother keeping us apart and him moving on with someone else we split. I took care of my daughter for the first year as a single mom. Then he came back into the pictures with his fiance and they have a son and just recently gave birth to another little girl. My daughter is 3 and I am just wondering what it will be like having a s4econd child and how it will go with my daughter who most of the time is at my home with no siblings. Shes very excited I am going to have a baby and wants me to have another kid at the house for her and for step dad and i. We were expecting during the time her step mom was expecting but at 17 weeks pregnant we lost our son. that has been really hard on all of us. I just want to know kinda what to expect I am pregnant and emotional though so please no rude comments or judging.

by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
lovely.mess
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2016 at 6:21 PM
My first is half sibling to my 2nd, 3rd. My ex has never been in the picture with him he's always known my husband as dad. I wouldn't stress over it especially being so young and if your oldest dad is still involved it shouldn't matter my neiece and nephew have different mom's and its never been an issue
lovecharmstar
by on Mar. 11, 2016 at 8:39 PM

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious son. I cannot even imagine the pain you and your family went through. You mentioned that your daughter is excited about the baby, which is good because children usually go through the most changes when a new baby arrives. Have you considered talking to your husband and daughter about what having a new baby in the house will mean to them? This will help you to understand their concerns and prepare all of you for the baby’s arrival.

RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Mar. 15, 2016 at 3:20 PM
If she is excited, I think it would be fine. I have 2 year old twins and I'm raising my 13 year old brother. My boyfriend has and 4 year old and a son who will be 6 tomorrow. I'm 32 weeks pregnant with mine and my boyfriend's first baby together. The kids are all very excited about it. We have let them be involved with the preparations. We even let them draw pictures to be framed and hung in the nursery.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)