Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many items on your kitchen counter?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:58 PM
  • 21 Replies

I know this is kind of random, but how many items do you keep on your kitchen counters. Currently I only keep my coffee pot, a coffee cup tree, my kitchenaid and spices on the counter. I am moving into a much bigger house and have a feeling the counters are gonna look so bare.

by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrsniebo
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:29 PM
I probably have a bit too much on my counter, but we don't have much pantry space for some of these things. Fruit basket, food processor, can opener, canisters, coffee bean grinder, drip coffee maker, espresso maker, flavored syrups for espresso, spices, utensil container, and toaster. I'd love to have a better organized pantry to be able to get at least a few of these things off of the counter.
newwifenmom
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Microwave, coffee pot, knives, coffee grinder

mrsTmommyO2
by Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 11:13 AM
I have a decor vase with flowers, a chicken wire decor basket that I keep medicines in, knife holder, my husbands protein powder, a coffee/tea maker, honey comb jar, an antique hot water jug that I keep utensils in, a rooster by the sink that has an open back for my dish soap and dish rag, a scentsy, and oil and vinegar dispensers next to my stove. Kind of a lot of stuff
dragonborn
by Group Admin on Mar. 14, 2016 at 2:22 PM
Microwave, coffee pot, tea rack, knife set. I have a tiny kitchen, with barely any counter space.
cowboygal
by on Mar. 14, 2016 at 2:34 PM
Four. I hate things on the counter. I hate clutter. I don't even keep my toaster out. Only my mixer and two coffee pots and knife set are on the counter. People laugh at me but oh well.
Indy3000
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 2:52 PM

Because one coffee pot isn't good enough? haha kidding. I kind of want to do a coffee bar at my new house but am afraid it will look too cluttered. I totally wouldn't laugh, I don't like lot's of stuff either. 

Quoting cowboygal: Four. I hate things on the counter. I hate clutter. I don't even keep my toaster out. Only my mixer and two coffee pots and knife set are on the counter. People laugh at me but oh well.

Indy3000
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 2:53 PM

Sounds like you have a cute country style kitchen. 

Quoting mrsTmommyO2: I have a decor vase with flowers, a chicken wire decor basket that I keep medicines in, knife holder, my husbands protein powder, a coffee/tea maker, honey comb jar, an antique hot water jug that I keep utensils in, a rooster by the sink that has an open back for my dish soap and dish rag, a scentsy, and oil and vinegar dispensers next to my stove. Kind of a lot of stuff

cowboygal
by on Mar. 14, 2016 at 3:04 PM
One is my kuerig and the other is a 10 cup coffee maker. I like the instant hot water from my kuerig for my tea and small coffee later in the afternoon. Or the kids and their hot chocolate in the afternoon. They can make it themselves.

Quoting Indy3000:

Because one coffee pot isn't good enough? haha kidding. I kind of want to do a coffee bar at my new house but am afraid it will look too cluttered. I totally wouldn't laugh, I don't like lot's of stuff either. 

Quoting cowboygal: Four. I hate things on the counter. I hate clutter. I don't even keep my toaster out. Only my mixer and two coffee pots and knife set are on the counter. People laugh at me but oh well.

mrsTmommyO2
by Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 3:05 PM
Thank you! Yes that is what it is! I left out that sometimes i hve papers piled everywhere on it but right now it is all clean :-D

Quoting Indy3000:

Sounds like you have a cute country style kitchen. 

Quoting mrsTmommyO2: I have a decor vase with flowers, a chicken wire decor basket that I keep medicines in, knife holder, my husbands protein powder, a coffee/tea maker, honey comb jar, an antique hot water jug that I keep utensils in, a rooster by the sink that has an open back for my dish soap and dish rag, a scentsy, and oil and vinegar dispensers next to my stove. Kind of a lot of stuff

Indy3000
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 5:47 PM

I wanted a keurig so bad for the longest time, our coffee pot finally gave out last month and so I broke down. I am not nearly as in love with it as I thought I would be....

Quoting cowboygal: One is my kuerig and the other is a 10 cup coffee maker. I like the instant hot water from my kuerig for my tea and small coffee later in the afternoon. Or the kids and their hot chocolate in the afternoon. They can make it themselves.
Quoting Indy3000:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)