Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 4yo...crying

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

So my youngest definitely shows all the classic signs of being the youngest. He cries (or let me clarify, fake cries) over EVERYTHING. He don't get his way with his older brother, he bawls. He doesn't get help with something in his time, he cries. His older brother looks at him "wrong", he cries. And so on and so forth. My oldest was never like this. I know in part my youngest behaves this way because he is the youngest....my little sister was the same way when we were kids (I'm the oldest). I forget when she outgrew it, so thought I'd ask all of you. When does the youngest in the house outgrow the crying over everything phase? How do I help him out of it? He is 4 by the way.

by on Feb. 21, 2017 at 10:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dragonborn
by Group Admin on Feb. 22, 2017 at 2:07 PM
It's not necessarily because he is the youngest, it may just be his personality. My OLDEST is the same way. She is just sensitive.
mama2b100808
by Mandy on Feb. 22, 2017 at 4:16 PM

I wish I could help. My baby brother didn't do anything like that he just thought he ruled the house because he was the baby. I am the middle 

Nikolaimylove
by Member on Feb. 23, 2017 at 7:43 AM
My youngest does the same thing. He is either crying or screaming. Now I don't know if it is because I am a girl but I am the baby of the family and I was that crying younger child. Like my siblings could hear me screaming at the other end of the school type of crying. I didn't stop until I was about 11 so... hope boys are different.
siren-song
by on Feb. 23, 2017 at 10:53 AM
Mines an only child and he's been like this lately. He literally whines about E V E R Y T H I N G. I'm hoping it's a phase and he grows out of it (and soon)
firstimemommy23
by Member on Feb. 23, 2017 at 5:39 PM

My 4-year-old child has been like this lately, but I think I know why.  My mom has been babysitting him for the past 2-3 months.  It has been exactly the time-frame he has acted like that.  I notice it even more clear when we all go at her house as a family, he wants to act like a little baby whining over everything behind grandma.  If he dosen't get what he wants, he starts crying so loud.  He dosen't do that at home, but he has been starting to.  I've found it helpful to just keep my cool when he starts crying, I sit down and talk to him calmly and ask him to stop behaving like a little baby.  I threaten to take away his tablet when he wants to start that cryin for whatever reason and he does not cry ...that's until he goes back at my mom's, so I've asked her to please stop 'babying' him too much. :s

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)