Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! My daughter saw something and won't sleep

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2017 at 8:32 AM
  • 4 Replies

My 4 year old daughter keeps telling me sees something in her room. She says a random man she doesn't know comes into her bedroom at night. She's just started school, and has been talking about this for a few days now! She told me it's real. I'm trapped here. I can't choose to believe her or not. It might be just imagination but she said it wasn't a dream. She can't sleep at night because of this. What do you think she might be seeing? It might have just been a shadow or something but I'm worried about her seeing something I cannot. I told her there's nothing there and nothing to be scared of. She explained to me the man was in white and eventually disappears into thin air 😕. Explains why she now hides under her covers in bed. I'm very confused here and it's getting over my nerves.😳

Xo Emmy

by on Sep. 9, 2017 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ThePoopFace
by Member on Sep. 9, 2017 at 4:42 PM

Ive seen a ghost before, and that is exactly what I saw, but he had a green smokey glow instead of white. Who knows! Personally im a believer because ive seen one, but others may not be. Weather it was a ghost or a shadow, shes scared. I would be sleeping in bed with her for a few nights just to show her you are not scared and shes safe. 

JkBrauer
by Member on Sep. 22, 2017 at 11:40 AM

You need to use this as a positive for your daughter. My middle daughter, when she was only a toddler had terrible time sleeping at night. She said she also saw things and was afraid to go to sleep. 

The best thing to do is to go through her room at bedtime before she gets into bed at night. Let her come with you and check all the nooks and cranny's out with you. When she feels okay and you have given her the safety of okay. She will be a little more relaxed. I also had gotten a little kids bible storybooks and we read the bible stories at bedtime of how Jesus is our protector and watches over us at night time and keeps us safe from bad and scary things. He sends us his angels to watch over us.

Make everything positive and safe for her. One more thing I did with my daughter at night, I prayed with her as she had her little stuffed animal and we asked Jesus to keep her feeling loved and at peace while she sleeps!

shellybird
by Member on Sep. 27, 2017 at 3:12 PM

Well I would first make sure no one is coming into her room.  Not saying that it is happening, but...

Then I would remind her that you are only a few doors away from her and would not let anything happen to her.  Maybe a new nightlight, teddy or "boggieman" spray (water with scents in a spray bottle) might help as well.

Magazinexlover6
by New Member on Oct. 13, 2017 at 11:49 AM

Thanks so much. All of your ideas are really helpful, my daughter is sleeping well again. I'm so glad we've tackled her night terrors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)