Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Do I Deserve Another One?

Posted by on May. 16, 2007 at 5:26 AM
  • 8 Replies
Ladies, I have a daughter who is now 2. I had my son for a very short time in September-October last year. (10 days)
When he died, everyone says I went crazy and I actually threw out all of the baby stuff I had and now I am pregnant again!

I want to have a baby shower this time (I had one for my daughter not my son).
Would it be okay to ask for one?
by on May. 16, 2007 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rollie
by on May. 16, 2007 at 5:49 AM

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. And in my opinion YES! I think that you could have another one, and your closest friends and family should too. Good luck and keep us posted on how things go.

Calimom619
by on May. 16, 2007 at 5:54 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. You know...I think anyone who loses a child would go crazy. So its not like you are the only one. I think that I would have done the exact same thing. Babies are blessings, Congrats on the new edition. You really shouldn't be affraid. I think you will do just fine. I don't see why it would be too much to ask for a shower. My mom had to have her friends at work throw me a shower cause I didn't know anyone anymore. Have you found out if the baby is a boy or a girl yet? I miss being pregnant, lol my delivery was so easy that I told my husband that I wanted to get pregnant right away! But I change my mind...at least for another year! How does your daughter feel about having a baby bro/sis? I'm sorry I only ask out of curiousity. I know I'm babbling!
angel_wgn
by on May. 16, 2007 at 6:56 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your loss of your son. I agree that you should have a baby shower. you are allowed one, and i would have prob. done the same thing in your shoes if my child passed away. i would have thrown everything out. i wish you all the best w/ this pregnancy and for a good delivery and a healty baby.
guam_mama
by on May. 16, 2007 at 7:11 AM
Ofcourse you deserve another baby shower...anyone who says otherwise is being selfish and inconsiderate. I mean, how else are you supposed to act when you loose a child? That's a devistating thing to have to go through. Congratulations on the upcomming baby though! I hope you get your shower!
MomOfAngels07
by on May. 16, 2007 at 7:17 AM

Quoting Calimom619:

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. You know...I think anyone who loses a child would go crazy. So its not like you are the only one. I think that I would have done the exact same thing. Babies are blessings, Congrats on the new edition. You really shouldn't be affraid. I think you will do just fine. I don't see why it would be too much to ask for a shower. My mom had to have her friends at work throw me a shower cause I didn't know anyone anymore. Have you found out if the baby is a boy or a girl yet? I miss being pregnant, lol my delivery was so easy that I told my husband that I wanted to get pregnant right away! But I change my mind...at least for another year! How does your daughter feel about having a baby bro/sis? I'm sorry I only ask out of curiousity. I know I'm babbling!
She actually talks to Damian's pictures all the time! She has known BOTH times before us that I was pregnant! She is wonderful and she keeps me going! She even held her baby brother (pics in profile) after he was born! She loves him very much!    Thanks for all the well wishes!
now, if only I could afford maternity clothes...........
lol
MommaLaura
by on May. 16, 2007 at 7:23 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your loss of your son. I would go crazy too. So don't feel bad about the way you reacted to the situation. As for your baby shower, I think every child is just as important as the first born. So you should def. have one. Congratulations on the new addition!! Very exciting. Keep us updated!!!

~Laura
areese1234
by on May. 16, 2007 at 7:41 AM
You deserve a baby shower. I think each pregnancy should be celebrated.
momslilangels07
by on May. 16, 2007 at 8:09 AM
I agree!!  You should have another shower.  It should be a celebration of another life.  I would probally do the same thing if I lost a child, and I would think your friends and family would understand!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN