Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

water stains on a microfiber suede couch?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 11:59 AM
  • 18 Replies
Anyone have any good tricks to get water stains out of a microfiber suede couch? We werent really thinking ahead when we got it Hudson has spilled so much stuff on it or spit up on it and all that.  Anything would help! We have cleaner that came with it but its not helping so much!

by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvMy2Grlz
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:05 PM
Oh I need to know this too.  We also bought ours when my oldest was little and she's also spit up on it and spilt all kinds of stuff on it.  I can tell you one thing though.....Cassidy recently decided she wanted to draw all over my microfiber recliner with an ink pen.  I used a little alchohol on a washcloth and it came right out and didn't mess up the recliner.  So if your's ever gets creative with an ink pen there ya go!  LOL
CrissyMarie2003
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:06 PM
Yeah, we have microfiber couch and chair, and they get water stains all the time!  We usually just scrub them down with a wet towel.  It takes lots of scrubbing, but usually gets most of the stains out.  That's the only thing I've found that works.  Good luck!
-Crystal, Loving Wife to Chad and Mommy to:

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
Midget2most
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:07 PM
Really random but baby wipes work great. They get all kinds of stuff out and don't leave anything behind. We used it to get everything from food stains to sharpies. Who'da thought that something used to clean shit off a babies butt could clean couches?

Towlie says, don't forget to bring a towel... wanna get high?

grunt_wifey
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:08 PM
Thanks! My husband is trying a magic eraser right now its the only thing else we can think of! If it works Ill let you guys know

Swtdreamerbaby
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:09 PM
i know im so mad, the cleaner is shit and when we bought them they said, oh they clean really easily, you can get anything out!  BS even water makes a stain! i would like to know too!  I even took the covers off and washed them which worked but the cushion wont go back in right and they look all stupid now.
gavansmommy
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:10 PM
If it is real microfiber it won't stain.  I have a microfiber couch and recliner and if we spill anything on them we just wipe them up with soapy water and it goes away.  good luck!
kristyEallen
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Quoting CrissyMarie2003:

Yeah, we have microfiber couch and chair, and they get water stains all the time!  We usually just scrub them down with a wet towel.  It takes lots of scrubbing, but usually gets most of the stains out.  That's the only thing I've found that works.  Good luck!
that's what i do.  my 2 year old always falls asleep on the couch and drools, lol.  it leaves little stains so i use a hot wet towel and scrub the shit out of it!  i've also used something called simple green for the extra tough stains.

thestreet3
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:11 PM
Sounds crazy, but use water!  LOL  a wet towel will buff the stains out.  Best of luck
collegemomma
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:15 PM
what kind of furniture are you supposed to get with kids?
MonicasMommy
by on Feb. 23, 2008 at 12:16 PM
sorry mama, i got the protective spray put on when we bought it. We have spilled hawaiian punch, spaghetti, water, everything and nothing stains!!! I have heard baby wipes work tho!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)