Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Large, Mucus glob!!! Am I pregnant???? (need opinions pls)

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:16 PM
  • 11 Replies
I'M FREAKIN' OUT HERE!  We are not wanting another child right now, we are just not ready. But here's the thing that is scaring me...I start my period in 5 days, I have slight cramping and sore breast, (which never happens)  BUT I passed a HUGE clear mucusy glob today!! What is it??? Does it mean I'm pregnant????? Pleas someone help calm my mind. Thanks a million!
Tuesday
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyofMia
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:18 PM
Hmmm...I don't know...??

But this reply will bump your post :)

" I don't stand for the black man's side, I don't stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side". -Bob Marley

" If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change". -Buddha

macksmomma
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:19 PM
Umm, I'd say your best bet is to wait until the day you're supposed to start and if you don't then take a pregnancy test.  Basing whether or not you're pregnant on a mucus glob is a little difficult to do - it could mean you're pregnant or it could mean absolutely nothing at all.
Only the Strong Shall Survive
Krismc_tina
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:21 PM
I'm not certain. I know that was how I knew I was pregnant though, my breasts never get swollen/sore during my period... but this time they were. As for the mucus glob.... ::shrugs:: If you were pregnant it couldn't have been your mucus plug because that builds up over time... and shouldn't release until later on in your pregnancy (20th week or later, I think) I guess the only way to tell for sure is to get a test.
Tahja82
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:21 PM

well where is the nearest CVS?? as a woman we like to think that we know our bodies but sometimes they do throw us for a loop, take a test! its not too early, but maybe its just something your body is doing right now, hopefully not bacteria vaginosis (BV) possibly a early miscarriage? who knows, best way to ease your mind??? slip out and buy a test....that is of course if you want to sleep tonight.....

collegemomma
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:22 PM
i had this once, just a slight yeast infection. call the doc just to make sure.
ArleneE
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:25 PM

most likely too late in your cycle to be a sign of ovulation.?? but you never know.? how many children do you have already and how long since your last pregnancy and were your periods back to normal yet and regular.  it could also be expelling mucus before period sometimes that happens sorry for seeming personal you don't have to answer any of those questions it is just something for you to think about  reasons why but take a test if it will put your mind to ease..

firsttimemommy
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:28 PM
this is just me but i never got anything like that with either of my pregnacy until this last one and it wasnt untill the last trimester that i got wait untill your period is suppose to start or the next day then take a prego test

Rileys.Momee
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:31 PM

is it like an egg white texture?
sounds like cervical mucous to me.... that is what lines your uterus and allows a fertilized egg to stick... generally, if you've ovualated, and not become pregnant, you may "shed" the cervical mucous.....

we women are soooo icky... lol

ang12285
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:36 PM
sounds more like what comes out of me when i'm fertile.

MommyofMia
by on Mar. 14, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Quoting Rileys.Momee:

is it like an egg white texture?
sounds like cervical mucous to me.... that is what lines your uterus and allows a fertilized egg to stick... generally, if you've ovualated, and not become pregnant, you may "shed" the cervical mucous.....

we women are soooo icky... lol

No doubt on the ickyness-LOL
Our body does some WEIRD stuff..

" I don't stand for the black man's side, I don't stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side". -Bob Marley

" If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change". -Buddha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN