Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

How soon can i recolor my hair????

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2008 at 11:07 PM
  • 7 Replies
I just colored my hair and it is orange!!!! How soon can i recolor it??? Has anyonelse had this problem?? What did you do??? I used Revlon Colorsilk, and its just the WRONG color! Help Please!!!!! Thanks
by on Mar. 25, 2008 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HuntersMomee
by on Mar. 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM

there is something you can get for that... but forthe life of me i cant remember what it is called... but its supposed to be for correcting color mistakes.

young_lv_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM
They say wait 2 weeks but at least 1 week, you don't want to fry the roots of your hair, it will make it fall out, sorry it is orange, I did that once, but what I did was two different color oranges lol, but just wait at least a week to be on the safe side. and its just hair, may sound stupid but that helped me leave my home :)
TiffC.
by on Mar. 25, 2008 at 11:11 PM
I've been coloring my hair for years. You can color it again right away if the color is weird. It's not really good for you hair but if you don't make a habit of it you should be fine. Make sure to use a good conditioner.
RyleighPiesMom
by on Mar. 25, 2008 at 11:12 PM

as long as you go darker and your hair isnt damaged you can recolor it right away

lundaylove
by on Mar. 25, 2008 at 11:50 PM
3 times i have done that and ive dyed it many times in one night. there was once where i dyed it 4 times in 2 days and my hair never fell out or didnt ruin it either. just use the hair dye with no amonia.
Steph* Mom of twin girls and awaiting that BFP* Baby Dust to all!
SManzi
by on Mar. 26, 2008 at 11:27 AM
Well, my personal experiences, I always have to bleach my hair THEN dye it, I usu have everything done in under 6 hours...bleach wash dry color wash dry and it has always turned out well for me..and bleach is a lot stronger than coloring, so i''d say you'r fine...i've never fried my roots.
On the other end, I've had 2 friends go through beuauty school and they say that's not good (bleach and color in a day), just wait a few days to a week.
So that's all I can tell ya from my end...
good luck
Until then, one friend said what she did was wear one of those ....headkerchiefs... on her head to cover it up. looked cool.

preview image

Peytonmom
by on Mar. 28, 2008 at 8:14 AM
You will be ok i always have to strip my hari they dye it, i have strawberry blonde hair so no hair dye works by itself so i have to strip it but the first time i dyed it my hair truned grey so i had to strip it then bleach it and i was ok
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)