Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good allergy medicine for my 4 year old?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 10:09 AM
  • 7 Replies
The poor kid has got allergies big time lately! At first Ithought she had a cold, but she doesn't sound all crappy all the time. I have allergies too so I understand what she feels like sometimes. We're going camping this weekend so I wanted to get her some over the counter allergy medication to help her out a bit. I'll take her to a doc next week, time just doesn't allow this week.  So what's the best over the counter allergy meds for a child her age? I hate going to the pharmacy section of Walmart...there is waaaayyyyy to much to pick from!
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Taurie
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 10:10 AM
Alavert. Its disolvable and easy to take. My doctor put Alexis on it and she did Great. Its just once a day and they have plain or orange flavor. Ali prefers the plain.

s.johnson1229
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 10:11 AM
my daughter has bad allergies too, and her doctor told me claritin was the best for her and it won't make her sleepy like benedryl does. It seems to help, though she is also on the prescription singulair.
just_the_mommy
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 10:16 AM
Claritin works great on my three year old! 
pinkflamingo783
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 10:22 AM
Thanks ladies..Maybe I'll just get both and see which one works the best!
mom2LandL
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 10:26 AM

My sons have allergies so bad that the only thing that has been working for them is Singulair and Zyrtec.  One is the morning and one at night.  They got so bad a few weeks ago my youngest got croup from all of the congestion.

alliyahsmommy24
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 1:56 PM
My daughter has always had allergies and we tried everything. She is four now, but when she was two the doctor put her on Zyrtec. It is wonderful and it is also over the counter now. Comes in liquid or tablets
godsgirl26
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 1:59 PM
i agree Claritin work's good for everyone in my family we all allergy's and it sux but claritin is really good
Quoting just_the_mommy:

Claritin works great on my three year old! 
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)