Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Can you lose your mucus plug in the first trimester??(definately tmi)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
This morning when I wiped I noticed like a 4 inch thick piece of snot-like stuff that came out of you know where.  I'm only 11 weeks.  Should I be nervous or do you think it was likely just discharge or something???
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GrantsMom83
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:18 PM
I would definately call the nurses hotline. But mucus can come out thick and gross to......better check to be careful.. Good luck

Susan

armywife43
it could just be heavy discharge. I've never heard of people losing it in the first trimester, but to ease your mind, calling the doc won't hurt. also remember that the mucus plug can grow back.

Savannah Faith is on her way! She is due on July 20, 2008. We can't wait!!!

Ohiomomto2

Every time that I was pregnant (2 live births, 2 miscarriages), I lost parts of my mucus plug all the way through (including the live births).  I think you should be fine.  I never lost my mucus plug before I gave birth to my kids, my water never broke, nothing like that, so maybe I'm in the minority of the whole thing, but I'm sure it's okay!

CaliMamaof2DDs
did it have a pinkish tint? I dont think you could lose it that early on, but i definately had ALOT of discharge during my pregnancies (frequent underwear changes daily LOL)

bethanyfolsom
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:20 PM
You probably have a UTI...i've had 7 with this baby and they have all started like that. Go let your doctor run a urinalysis on you. No, it isnt your mucus plug....im sure it's the start of a uti....good luck

AHJN
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:22 PM
It was probably just discharge.  You can always call your ob to be sure.
momo2nsngl
I miscarried my daughter's twin in the first trimester..but what your describing doesn't sound like what I had. You should at least call your doctor's office and talk to a nurse, She/He will speak with your doctor and they may want to see you. Plus they will be able to set your mind at ease.
MyHandsRFull
I wouldn't be concerned. I had SUPER heavy discharge when I was pregnant. I had to wear panty liners the whole time!  My doctor told me that it was totally fine and nothing to worry about. Although it's kinda creepy to have a huge booger come out of your who who, unless it's bloody, don't sweat it too much!
melissa_bilger
by on Jun. 26, 2008 at 3:25 PM
Dont worry! I had the exact same thing happen to me at 12 weeks and everything was fine. You only have to be worried if you start cramping or bleeding!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN