Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

one or two children

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:21 PM
  • 56 Replies
1 mom liked this
my son is 2.5 now and well almost everyday i change my mind about having another child....one day i think yeah i want another one and then on the days that my son drives me out of my mind i think definitly not....anyone else indecisive about another child????
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ScorpioMommie
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:25 PM
i do want to have more kids but no time soon. i'm thinkin of havin my 2nd child when my son is like 4 or 5 (right now he's only 16 months). if i was to get pregnant now, i wouldn't be too happy bout it....birth control, birth control, birth control!!! lol
meagan517
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:29 PM

Quoting ScorpioMommie:

i do want to have more kids but no time soon. i'm thinkin of havin my 2nd child when my son is like 4 or 5 (right now he's only 16 months). if i was to get pregnant now, i wouldn't be too happy bout it....birth control, birth control, birth control!!! lol

speaking of birth control.....me and my husband havent used anything since my son was born alomst 3 yrs ago....I KNOW IKNOW WERE CRAZY !!!!
MommyBre
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:36 PM
I think it really depends on your own personal situation...My daughter was 6 months old when I got pregnant with my son, and at the time I was a little upset. However, I would not change a thing now, they are 14 months apart and they play all the time and they are best friends. It definetly makes my day easier since they play with eachother and pretty much keep each other entertained.
minahbug18
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:39 PM
I understand. I am the same way. I want another one, but I want to go back to school in August so I am thinking not. I think that I will probably plan to get pregnant around the time that I would be having the baby around summertime. That way, I can be out of school and don't (hopefully) have to miss any time out! But ultimately, I do want another one.
FAMILYOFBOYS
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:40 PM
It up to you how you feel, if youre ready or not, I dont think I was ready with either of mine's. But somehow I managed to have them all 4 yrs apart, unplanned. All boys ages 12, 8, & 4 lol!
momslilangels07
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I pesonally have kids 7 months 2.5 and 5.5 years old, and I am glad I "got it over with"  Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but I could not imagine having a independant 5 or 6 year old and then have to backtrack to a newborn again.  I like mine close together so they can grow, play and relate with eachother.  It is stressfull at times, but still worth it in the end!!!
lovelyg21
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:43 PM
I had my second son when my first was just over two years old.  It  worked out really well except for the whole potty training thing.  He was old enough to tell me exactly what he wanted when he couldn't get it himself.  he was at the right age to actually want to help if I let him.  And he didn't always need someone right next to him to play.  He could entertain himself for a little while so I had time to feed the baby.
Shibby
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 8:57 PM
My older daughter will be 3 next month.  My younger daughter is 17 months.  We decided to go for the second child when my younger one was 9 months old (my husband needed some time & I wanted another one after I held the first one in my arms after birth).   Some days are great ,some days are challenging or a little of both.   Sometimes I say " what was I thinking?"  But just last week I wondered what it would be like to have 3?     No matter how bad a day it's been I'm so grateful for both of my kids & I'm glad they have each other.

baileystarrsmom
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 10:45 PM
Same here. My daughter is 4 months and I don't know if I want a second. I also have 4 stepkids so that's a factor in my decision.
cgarlic
by on Mar. 12, 2007 at 10:56 PM
I have always wanted alot of children, but right now I'm single so...My daughter is almost 3 and I hate the fact that my children will be far apart.  I wanted them to be able to grow together and be close like my next up sister and I am (i'm the youngest of 6).  However, you have to decide what is best for you and your family.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)