Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

I don't like being an adult anymore!!!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 2:51 PM
  • 7 Replies

lol, simply stated.  I do not like bills, I do not like them here or there, I do not like them anywhere.

I do not like working 40 hrs per week, to pay bills then be broke again...I do not like them here or there, I do not like them anywhere.

lol.  I was just thinking...its almost payday, and trying to figure out which bills has priority this payday.

Why can't our parents just pay for everything!! lolol.  I want to be a kid again, when life was easy, the worst that we had to do was go to school...and do homework...and chores.

My daughter, shes so funny.  About a month or so ago, I was trying to figure out how much money I needed to leave in savings, and how much to put on my visa, and what not...my daughter said, "mom, I don't want to grow up!"  I said, "well, you can't live with me forever"  She said, "you and dad are always working, and never have any extra money to do fun things anymore"

I would just like to be a kid, no worries, no jobs, no timelines, no nothing.

Ahhh the simple life.  Wouldn't it be nice??  okay, back to reality I go.

by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SarahNKnapp
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I hear ya! Payday is Friday and Its already spend.  as well as next payday and the next...lol
mandynalex2023
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 3:04 PM
I know exactly how that is.  My oldest daughter told me one time.  "I want that toy."  I told her, "well I dont have any money right now."  She said, "Well put it on the card, or write a check like Mawmaw does."   I just had to start laughing and tell her that I dont have those things in order for her to get that toy. 
trtl1der
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 3:07 PM
Oh ... I think you said it very well!  Don't you just hate to see those teenagers driving around in Daddy's car burning Daddy's gas!!!  And worse!!  I have a friend who is 26 years old!!!  TWENTY SIX, my friend!  And her Mom still pays her car payment, rent, and insurance bill!!!  OH, to be a spoiled little brat!
strwberricoco
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Quoting trtl1der:

Oh ... I think you said it very well!  Don't you just hate to see those teenagers driving around in Daddy's car burning Daddy's gas!!!  And worse!!  I have a friend who is 26 years old!!!  TWENTY SIX, my friend!  And her Mom still pays her car payment, rent, and insurance bill!!!  OH, to be a spoiled little brat!

Sealed
MamaOfGirls
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 3:13 PM
Everytime my husband and I get caught up, or start to get ahead, he buys a new toy.  Today it was a pick-up with a crew cab.  I guess I'll add that payment to my budget.....
Wysteria
by on Mar. 13, 2007 at 3:19 PM
I know, right? and it always seems like the men dont have to do so much growing up... usually it's US that get the responsibility of raising kids, paying bills, and to top that off cleaning and cooking! lol!!!
RosePetalTears
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2007 at 3:23 PM

Quoting Wysteria:

I know, right? and it always seems like the men dont have to do so much growing up... usually it's US that get the responsibility of raising kids, paying bills, and to top that off cleaning and cooking! lol!!!

I hear ya! The sad thing is, my boyfriend doesn't even think its a big deal to NOT pay bills on time. He just says that they'll call when they want the money! Can you believe that?!?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)