Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Skin care

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 8:03 PM
  • 10 Replies
Does anyone have any suggestions on skin care? Ever since my son was born 6 months ago my skin has been terrible! Dry patches on my cheeks and under my chin, and oily breakouts on my chin and under my lip...what am I, 16 years old again? Hope you can help! Thanks! :)
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wh0oznicole
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 8:07 PM
I use Cetaphil. I've tried everything before... even ProActiv but it dried my skin out. Cetaphil balances out my skin and it's not harsh at all.

I use the Daily Facial Cleanser and the Daily Moisturizer every day. About twice a week, I use St. Ives Apricot Scrub to exfoliate because of the gunk that builds up from make up.

Oh and they're all cheap! They're way better than the expensive crap from Clinique or Lancome.
mrs_vinita
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 8:29 PM
A lot of it depends on the makeup you wear, (if any), as well.  Bare Escentuals skin care and makeup is what you need.  Plus they just came out with a night time skin revival treatment which works great!... I have the same problams as you.  I started using them about six months after my daughter was born, (she's going to be 5 in April), and it's been wonderful.  Hope this helps.
P.S.  The best place to buy them are on QVC
jackiedee
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 9:47 PM
It depends on how much you want to spend. I loved Dove cleansing cloths. Unfortunately my skin (which is extremely sensitive) had a reaction to it about 6months ago. I've since gone with Origins. Like I said it depends on price. I now spend $40 on cleanser alone, but my skin has never felt better.
meri_bug23
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 9:50 PM
o gosh I wish i knew, if you figure it out, let me know.
06AngelMommy
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 9:58 PM
I have some amazing facial products if you're interested. Its specially made for differents types of skin... 20's, 30's and 40+. I also have so certain prodcuts specially made for acne prone skin, sensitive skin, skin repair, etc. I myself use the Skinlogics set made for 20's skin and its done wonders. Let me know if you're interested. I went through the same thing after I had Quentin. www.beautipage.com/nichellemartinez Nichelle
mom-of-two
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 10:05 PM
Proactive has been my skin-saver for over 10 years.  It works wonders for me, and I can see a difference in as little as 3 days.  It's around $40 for a "set", but it will usually last you 2 months.
Kays_Mama06
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 10:10 PM
oooo.. my favorite topic.. skin.. i am lucky enough to not have had a real bad breakout in about 2 years.. i mean around the menstrual time its inevitable.. but what i have been using for the past 2 years is Neutrogena products.. i use the daily acne scrub that comes in a orange little bottle once a day.. and the secret to help with oily skin is Neutrogena astringent (its blue).. you're probably thinking why put a liquid on oily skin? well its actually helps control the oils in your skin by taking off just enough to keep your skin healthy. if you use it, it shouldnt burn at all. just tingle a little bit. and the moisturizer that i use that i love is by clean and clear oil free dual action moisturizer.. the main thing that i like about it is that it helps treat and prevent pimples and trust me it works.. i would really recommend these products to anyone!! ive even told my cousin and she started using them!!
grunt_wifey
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 10:20 PM
Call your local Mary Kay representative! We offer great personalized skin care routines that fint your face and life style! I was a customer before I started selling, and I swear by it! During and after my pregnancy my skin reverted back to my teenage years, but with the right balance of moisturizers and oil-free products it really does wonders to your skin! To find a local consultant just go to www.marykay.com and go to search for consultant and type in your zip code. 
mylolalove
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 10:28 PM
I started using Mary Kay's TIMEWISE 3-in-1- cleanser, and MK's age fighting moisurizer (they come in a set). I noticed that my pores started shrinking, and my face looks so much better since i've been using these products. I loved them so much that I started selling, and I love it! So if you need any help or advise message me, or check out my website:

http://www.marykay.com/aliciaflegel

Hope you can find something that works for you! :)

AliciaKiss
belladonna24
by on Mar. 14, 2007 at 11:22 PM
you sound like me right after I had my last boy. I've never had any problems with skin or breakouts until after number two. And I had no idea what to do. So I decided to give that ProActive stuff a try and it works so great. It takes a minute to get working but when it does, well it does.. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)