Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

thats it!! I'M SO FREAKIN FED UP

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:00 PM
  • 17 Replies
i know its not his fault, but my 13 month old son is driving me up the wall. all he does is cries. i hold him he cries i put him down he cries. i just cant take it anymore. if this doesnt stop by monday im taking him to his ped. i thought maybe teeth, but i dont see/feel any. i just cant figure out why he is acting like this. he wont eat, he had trouble sleeping the other night and the following morning. but he slept all night last night and most of today. i just dont know what to do to help him. any advice?
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krc84
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:02 PM
He still may be teething, maybe getting in his one year molars, my daughter got them around 13 months and she was miserable...we couldn't see or feel them at first...this also happened when she got in her canines, so just try to hang in there. Maybe he's got a bug or something, I'm sure he'll be back to himself at no time. Good luck.
EmmaKubz
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:02 PM
He might be coming down with something. Holden often gets like that before he shows any symptoms of getting sick, and then 3-5 days later the snot and cough and stuff comes in.
ShaylasMommie
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:03 PM
JUST BECAUSE YOU CANT SEE OR FEEL ANY TEETH DOESNT MEAN THAT THEY STILL ARENT CAUSING ANY PAIN. TRY GIVING HIM SOME BABY TYLENOL, AND SOMETHING COLD AND SOFT TO CHEW ON. ALOT OF DAYS MY DAUGHTER DOES THE SAME THING, SHE'S ALREADY TEETHING AT 2 1/2 MONTHS, USUALLY THE BABY TYLENOL HELPS! GOOD LUCK AND IF YOU NEED SOME ONE TO TALK TO SEND ME A MESSAGE.
aithansmom
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:04 PM
He probably is teething. Try some Hylands teething tablets. You can get them at Target and they are all natural, so if it's not teething, it won't hurt him. They work wonders! Good Luck!

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Daisypath Ticker

chases_mommy
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Quoting EmmaKubz:

He might be coming down with something. Holden often gets like that before he shows any symptoms of getting sick, and then 3-5 days later the snot and cough and stuff comes in.

well hes had the snot, couch thing for a few weeks which is why i thought teeth, but youd think a few weeks (like a month really) would be enough time to at least feel a bump right?

busybee914
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:05 PM
It could be teething, but I would take him for an eval on Monday anyways. You can never be too careful. Give him some pain reliever or rub some orajel on the gums to see if that relieves his crying. If not, maybe he is constipated... has he had a BM lately?
MommyKaren
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:06 PM
I agree with the other moms. Give him something cold to chew on & some tylenol or teething tablets

Karen

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics    myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics    myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?KarenJL

cheshirekat
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:06 PM
He might have an ear infection.Not all kids tug or pull on their ears.If  he is teething it just might be a while before you feel or see the tooth.Take him to the emergncy room if he continues on the doctors there could help.
busybee914
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:09 PM

Quoting chases_mommy:

Quoting EmmaKubz:

well hes had the snot, couch thing for a few weeks which is why i thought teeth, but youd think a few weeks (like a month really) would be enough time to at least feel a bump right?

He could have Bronchitis, or a sinus infection. Could be a number of things, if it is an infection, the only way to get rid of it would be to get an antibiotic, that could be why he is still sick and grouchy. My son got like that when he had Bronchitis. Does he have a fever?
chases_mommy
by on Jul. 20, 2007 at 7:09 PM
yea a nice juicy one that got everywhere (sorry tmi) so thats not it, i kinda wonder if maybe an ear infection? he's never had one, but he isnt pulling at his ear so i dont know. the reason i say a poss ear infection is cause lately he has been staying up later and later (not my fault, my mother watches him while i spend 8 to 10 per day looking for a job) and she puts him down for a nap as late as 5:30 to 6 pm. well the other night he was up til like 1am i couldnt handle it, finaly i stuck him in his crib with a bottle and said good night.

Quoting busybee914:

It could be teething, but I would take him for an eval on Monday anyways. You can never be too careful. Give him some pain reliever or rub some orajel on the gums to see if that relieves his crying. If not, maybe he is constipated... has he had a BM lately?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN