Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I thought it would be fun to share our stories about either how we got pregnant or how we found out. 
My third pregnancy was the big shocker considering i was on the 5 year iud.  I was on it for 5 months before i got pregnant.  I went in to the hospital for a bladder infection and they wanted to do a pregnancy test and i told them no need i was on the iud, well the doctor insisted and sure enough i was 10 weeks pregnant.   It really was a shock!   But i call him my miracale baby becasuse really the odds were so slim!  I couldn't imagine life with out him!
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:03 PM
Replies (21-29):
brooklynsmomma
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 10:31 PM
I've had the 10yr IUD since May 2005. I worry about getting pregant all the time, even though there's like a .6% chance of getting pregnant, this is going to make me worry even more! lol Undecided
twin_mommy
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 10:39 PM
The night I found out I was pregnant my hubby and friends went out to the bar while I stayed home (thank god) because I wasn't feeling well. While I was laying on the couch with a horrible stomach ache I got to thinking...hmm I haven't had a period for awhile.  So I got up and dug through the bathroom drawers and found a pregancy test.  I immediately start vommiting and when I was through I was so exhausted I fell asleep for 20 min. on the bathroom floor.

When I got up I decided to go back to bed and that I just had a stomach flu...but I couldn't fall asleep, something in me made me get up and take the test.  So I take it and low and behold two pink lines.  My face got really hot and I ran to the phone to call my hubby, but I called his friend Matt instead and told him I had to talk to him immediately and I would meet him in the parking lot.  Not realizing who I had talked to, I got in the car and drove to the bar and Matt was waiting for me outside.  He asked me if everything was alright and I told him to go get my hubby because had something to tell him.  My husband comes running down to the parking lot and asks me if I'm ok and i blurt out "I'm pregnant" and he says "um...congratulations?" 

Later we found out we were having twins despite using the bc pill yasmin.
Justthegirls
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 12:22 PM
I had 2 kids, ages 2 & 6 months. My 2 yr old had a bladder infection & I took her to the ER. When we drove up I realized I had bleed through my jeans! This really freaked me out! It was my 1st period since my 6 month old was born. So I called my husband so he could stay in one room with our 2yr old while I was seen in the next room (I was bleeding so bad I was scared something was wrong!). The doctor assured me that it was just because I had gone so long without having a period & after a routine pregnancy test I could go home & rest... 10 minutes later a very shocked doctor came back to tell me that I was indeed pregnant! An ultrasound showed that I had a burst cyst & was not bleeding from my uterus... and that I was 10 weeks along!

PS: Girl # 3 was born 3 wks early, making my youngest 2 exactly 1 year & 1 week apart!
shanie_ma03
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 1:08 PM
Oh see now I m really scared!!!! I wanted to try the IUD but my pap smear came back irregular so they put me on the DEPO shot .....any horror stories about that? as if I have'nt heard enough
JillRalston
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 8:46 PM
Great. Thanks. I have had my Mirena for one year now, and am late on my period, and feeling pregnancy symptoms... I had convinced myself if was so unlikely to get pg. on the IUD that I didn't need to worry. After two pill babies, and one patch baby, you'd think I'd know that no birth control is 100%, but with an asthmatic 6 year old daughter who has been in and out of the hospital three times in the last three months, a 3 1/2 year old who is very sweet, but very out of control, and a 14 month old who is hitting the terrible, tantrum-y twos a bit early... I DONT WANT ANOTHER BABY!! I thought I was being so responsible having the IUD, but I am starting to think that abstinance is the way to go!!
kaeroo
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 8:51 PM
I'm gonna pretend like i did not just read this post!  It's worked VERY WELL for me for 17 months now and i don't want to jinx it!  Oh, Lord, i don't need another child yet...lemme get these outta diapers first!!!  lol
mommyslilangel
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM
dont tell me that i just got the iud.......haha.......i got pregnant on the pill....dont get me wrong my daughter is my life but i dont think i am ready for another just yet........and my luck....its coming soon.......lmao!!
crzy4mybyz
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 12:26 PM
i got the mirena i.u.d put in about 5 months ago. i have 2 boys, the youngest is only 1 yr. i hope im not one of those very fertile few...considering my boys are only 19 months apart. i wouldnt be totally upset if it happened, i want tons of kids, just cant afford it.
dolphinej20
by on Mar. 25, 2007 at 1:19 PM
Thanks for scaring me....I have had the IUD in now for almost a year. I am liking so far but man you scared me. Thats all I would need is to get pregnant with a 2 1/2yo and an 11 month old. I was on the pills when I got pregnant with my son and then with my daughter she was a honeymoon baby...lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)