Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

Pregnant on the IUD

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:03 PM
  • 29 Replies
I thought it would be fun to share our stories about either how we got pregnant or how we found out. 
My third pregnancy was the big shocker considering i was on the 5 year iud.  I was on it for 5 months before i got pregnant.  I went in to the hospital for a bladder infection and they wanted to do a pregnancy test and i told them no need i was on the iud, well the doctor insisted and sure enough i was 10 weeks pregnant.   It really was a shock!   But i call him my miracale baby becasuse really the odds were so slim!  I couldn't imagine life with out him!
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hottottie22
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:06 PM
What happened?  Did they remove it or keep it in?  Did you deliver natural or   c-section?  Was there any complications?  I have the 10 year one and so far so good! (its been over 5 years)  But Im always wondering what if...
tmaolexa
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:06 PM
They told me that after coming off of birth control after 6 years that it would take me a min of 6 months to 1 year to get preg. Well.........exactly 1 month later! I was pregnant....Three TESTS later we believed it! It was very exciting!
radio.mj
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:09 PM
my son was a miracle baby too! i was on birth control pills, my fiance was using a condom, AND doctors had always told him he was sterile...and after a couple missed periods, there i was, pregnant! i was like lord i must be the most fertile woman on earth!!
MenaFamily
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:16 PM
I had been on birthcontrol since i was 15 (to regulate my period) when i was 17 me and my husband now got together and were having unprotective sex well i graduated highschool and i moved in with him and we tried and tried and tried to have a baby.. well 4 years went by and not because i wasnt pregnant but we got into a big argument and i left and moved to arkansas to my moms house (from florida) i was there a week and i talked to one of my friends from arkansas and shes like ya all of us have children now and i laughed and said wow im the only one well that weekend i took a test and well yea i was pregnant..... i called my husband and told him and he flew up to arkansas and we worked things out and we are together and we have the most beautiful smart baby girl named alexa. We call her our miricale because she brought us back together (well god did with her) (im crying now hehehe)
BabyLove
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:18 PM
Oh dear lord!!!!  Don't tell me that!   I have been on the IUD for about 6 mo now and I already have two girls!  I reeeeeally don't want another kid (right now for sure)...  
momeez3boys
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:21 PM
no every thing turned out to be fine i delivered natural, they did an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't an ectopic pregnancy because i guess that is common with iud pregnancies, thankfully it was fine.  During the ultrasound my obgyn did she said she couldn't understand for the life of her how it happened because it was still insirted correctley.  I know my mom was on it for ten years and never any problems and my sister has been on it for 4 now with no problems. 
MamaWen
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:22 PM
Well, I was on birth control when I got pregnant with my girls. And I now have an IUD... so thanks for scaring me!! I am always worried about still getting pregnant with it (I have had it for 2 years now, but I haven't had a period in 4 years, so I can't use that to judge) I take tests about every 2-3 months just to be sure. But knowing my luck, I will be another one of the statistics to get pregnant with the IUD!!
momeez3boys
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:31 PM
Sorry didn't mean to scare anyone!  : )  I was the same way as you me and my husband always joked that we would be the .1 or .01 i forget what it was, to get pregnant and sure enough!
kalebsmommy
by on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:32 PM

I was on the pill but i had missed taking it for a couple of days i didn't think any thing of it but a month later I was late, so i took an e.p.t test and it said neg. so i went ok good because we were engaged and had set the date for 5 months away, I had my dress, well after a couple more days I still didn't get it my friend said it was probably stress, but I felt like it wasn't because i was getting sick in the mornings. So i went and bought another box of pregnancy test this one had 3, I was so nervous when i took the first one i was on the phone with my best friend in california (i was in texas) and i was like it doesn't look right there isn't even one line showing up and then after about 2 min i realized i was looking at it upside down. Yeah i know i had a blond moment I was so nervous i turned it around and it was positive, well i took the other two test just to make sure. When my fiancee came home he kept asking me what was wrong that i was acting weird so i handed him one of the test and he just said oh....this means your.....oh  and that was it after the shock wore off he started talking about i hope it is a boy. well it was and we moved out wedding up to the next month and i barely fit in my dress. Now we are going to start trying for number 2 in oct.

MomOf2LilGirls
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2007 at 3:49 PM
I have been on the Merina IUD now for 3 months and I just read your post to my hubby and I told him he isn't getting any more and he was like WHAT NO!!!! LoL

The month I conceived my first daughter my husband was home a matter of maybe 7 different days out of the month due to his father being in hospice.  When I finally decided I needed to take the test it was because I had missed my period and during the week before head every time I worked out I was getting light headed which was weird.  So I had my hubby drop me off at the store on his way to work and I walked back home.  He had no clue at what I was doing took the test and it showed positive with in a matter of seconds.  I called him on his two way and told him and he had to work all day long!!  We found out I was pregnant exactly two weeks after his father passed too.

With my second daughter I conceived her the day that my daughter and I came home from our trip to KY that we were on for a month.  I went had a tattoo done two weeks after I got home and then the next week I missed my period.  I told my hubby and he was like no way.  I was like yeah so he went and bought me two pregnancy test at midnight.  I took one right then and with in a matter of seconds again POSITIVE.  He wanted to be sure so I took another one the next morning and it was POSITIVE.  We were a little scared the night we found out our first daughter had turned 8months but hey it all worked out!

The weird part about both times I have gotten pregnant me and my husband were sperated for atleast days at a time and sometimes more.  So I told him we are not to be sperated more then a day or two ever again unless we want another child because that seems to be our pattern!  So it's our joke that when we have the IUD removed he is sending me on a trip for a week or so!

--Amber--
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN