Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

20 Something Moms 20 Something Moms

What not to watch while your expecting..

Posted by   + Show Post
I'm watching discovery health and I watched some woman get an epidural. OW made my back hurt remembering what i have to look foward to in a few months... ouch...
by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 3:42 PM
Replies (41-49):
Kays_Mama06
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 10:22 AM
it doesnt hurt at all... but then again everyone's pain tolerance is different.. for me it was like getting a tattoo.. and feelin the catheter goin up ur spinal cord area whatever was pretty cool... its definitely the best drug ive ever had!!!
mrspriss0506
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 2:40 PM
its like NOTHING at all, esp if youve been in labor for a while....if anything its a relief!
brandonsmomma
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 4:13 PM
hey i was told that the epidural doesnt hurt... normally. BUT i had a bad one... my anastesiologist told me that he kind of missed, and he had to "dig" a little... so mine hurt a little because of the digging, but it wasnt so bad i couldnt take it or anything... i get back pains when i get into my car, but like the epidural itself, its not THAT bad... its very noticable, but its tolerable as well...
Tinkerbell22
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 4:39 PM
oh hunny don't worry it really doesn't hurt that much...it hurts for like a minute and then you feel no pain what so ever...greatest drug ever...i had a c-section with my son and it was really bad contractions for like 30hrs. before I finally got the c-section and that i guess only took 45minutes so my mom tells me...I was pretty out of it..So trust me it looks painfull, but it isn't that bad...
mom2boys42
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 4:41 PM
some people say that it doesnt hurt but it hurt me bad !!!!!!!!!!
mommybug77
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 4:42 PM
True & I had 2 before this last one. They messed up & I now have a scar from where they inserted it. I was in so much pain :(
MommaTy
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 5:02 PM
I always watch the discovery health channel, ever since I was expecting my 1st.  I also work in a maternity center so I see vaginal and c-sec deliveries.  I had an epidural with my 1st and 3rd, and I went natural with my 2nd.  I will take an epidural any day.  The 1st one I never even felt a thing, with my 2nd epidural I knew I was getting it, but it never hurt.  They give you a local numbing before they do the epidural. 
kitkatm04
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 5:31 PM
Personally I wouldn't watch anything that has anything to do with being pregnant, babies, kids, weird pregnancies. I did when I was pregnant with my first and alot of stuff freaked me out.
tinklovr
by on Mar. 24, 2007 at 5:36 PM
the epidural was great for me. It was just hard to stay still enough for them to do it. and all of the shows really helped me be calm esp when they said "we're going to have to do an emergency c section", my fiance was the on freaking out but i was like "honey its going to be fine ive seen so many of these on tv" lol. I was just glad the pain was over. every delivery is different, your will be your own adventure:)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)