Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bad recruits :/

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 270 Total Views

I'm tired of getting bad recruits! Everyone I share the opportunity with seems really excited with at first, then they sign up, and after that: nothing! Well, that's only happened twice but they're my only two recruits. I followed up with a phone call or email if I couldn't reach them, I want to help them build a profitable business but it's like they don't want to. How do ya'll find good recruits?

Also, I put out an ad and the only people I get calling about starting seem, no offense, but ghetto or shady, like this girl who called and had a guy give me his information (her b/f or brother I'm guessing) but claims she's never sold. Well, he got rejected when trying to sign up too. I'm really thinking about just focusing on sales even though I would love to do leadership! :(

~ Michelle, Beauty Rep in the GA/SC area
Visit my Avon Website for everything Avon!

by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Brendabs
by Group Owner on Jun. 26, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Yea ~ that happens.  It seems like some people don't realize that when you sign up to become an Avon Rep that this is a business and like any business you need to work it to make money.  

With your new recruits are you able to meet with them and perhaps help them pass out their Avon Books?  Also, does your District offer training for New Reps?  If not perhaps you could ask your Upline or DSM if she would be willing to meet with you and your New Recruits for some additional training.

Brenda

Have You Checked Out Avon Lately??
http://www.brendasbiz.info/ 

MamiNlovinIt
by on Jun. 26, 2012 at 7:26 PM

My DSM is pretty good about helping with that, but the recruits are the ones who seem distant. It's hard to get in touch with them and schedule anything, it's like they thought money was just going to instantly come to them. Nobody seems that dedicated.

~ Michelle, Beauty Rep in the GA/SC area
Visit my Avon Website for everything Avon!

Brendabs
by Group Owner on Jun. 27, 2012 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

LOL ~ I know what you mean.  I make calls to leads for a DSM with Avon and it's amazing what people think.  I don't how many of them think that all they need to do is sign up and that Avon will pay them to be a Rep. When I explain to them this is a business not a job ~ some of them will tell me that they are no longer interested.

Don't get discouraged ~ you will find people who will see what you see in having an Avon Business and then your business will explode.  Just remember that you can't  have a successful Avon Business without New Customers ~ the best way to do this is with the 3 Brochure Rule ~ pass out 3 brochures a day 5 times a week and you will then have a potential of 780 New Customers in a year.  And if you turn just 20% of them into shoppers ~ you will have 156 Additional Active Customers by next year.  Now how cool is that??

Brenda

Have You Checked Out Avon Lately??
http://www.brendasbiz.info/ 

lescont01
by New Member on Jul. 1, 2012 at 1:52 AM
3 moms liked this
Try joining some facenook groups in your area and advertising to stay at home moms. That's what I have been doing and I have had good results. I post a small ad saying I sell Avon and I'm looking for people to join my team I leave my phone number email and tell them they can also message me on facebook. Usually the people who get in contact with me are serious about it and so far have been doing well.
sprklingsmom7
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Quoting lescont01:

Try joining some facenook groups in your area and advertising to stay at home moms. That's what I have been doing and I have had good results. I post a small ad saying I sell Avon and I'm looking for people to join my team I leave my phone number email and tell them they can also message me on facebook. Usually the people who get in contact with me are serious about it and so far have been doing well.

I really liked what you said! I went and joined some local groups on facebook right after you said this. I am building up to advertising in there...I just introduced myself and said that I am an Avon Representative. Thanks for the great idea!

meliscool72
by New Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 2:32 PM

I was recruited last campaign and the recruiter helped pass out some books. She knows my situation and knows that I do not have a vehicle so it is hard for me to get around and I already told her I won't go door to door in this neighborhood because it is really bad. There have been gunshots fired literally just across the street from me and there are a lot of shady people living around here and there has been one person who broke into our house while we were even home. So I want to get some stuff done, but I want to go to businesses or a better neighborhood. I would walk, but I am not able to walk that far yet. I just was able to take my boot off and start weaning myself off of my walking boot to get my muscles back up after breaking my ankle. I have not sold one item yet

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)