Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Prayer and Praise

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:50 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 243 Total Views

These last two weeks I have been really down and depressed and asking what is the meaning of my life.  I did not get to see any family for the holidays except my youngest brother and family for two hours on New Years Eve.  I have talked to the others on the phone but it is not the same.  It also does not help that both me and my husband get up at 2:30 every morning and deliver papers to make ends meet.  He then goes on a does garage doors while I take care of the house and children. 

Being tired all the time does not help.  Then missing Lydia and having the other girls up at his sisters house in Clyde, Oh for the week is hard too.  With doing the paper route 7 days a week it is hard to get away and during the day all you want to do is sleep.  My mom called me while on the paper route this morning because she was awake and she told me that Bro, Adams alzheimers if speeding up this last couple of weeks.  He is forgetting how to find things in the Bible, How to find hymns in the hymnal, how Scripture verses go, different words while trying to carry on a conversation, and several other things.  Please pray for him and my mom and sister as they take care of him.  I talked to my husband today and was mentioning that I would like to go see them at least one more time before he gets really bad because it is hard for him to come here.  He said that he could go I just needed to name the dates and we would take off and go.  Praise the Lord!!!!  Pray now that things will work out and we can go see the the end of January which will be over Lydia's birthday.  Now I have something to look forward to and am excited.

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
vernut
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Pray we can leave the 26 and then come home the 28 of Jan.

Thanks

greeneyes42055
by Group Owner on Jan. 3, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I will be praying for you...I am sorry you are having such a tough time...I know you miss Lydia.  I miss my Jonathan.  But, we have to remember that we will see them again.

Thank you for being so faithful in the group.

Have a great weekend and I will be praying for your trip.

Hugz to you,
Karen

Love and Blessings,
    ~Karen Brown Rhodes~

JoyceAnn53
by Member on Jan. 3, 2009 at 3:32 PM

I have a praise for this Christmas, that did A LOT for lifting my spirits....God giveth & taketh away.....this year He gave us our first grandchild...Vanessa Marie...8-5. 21 in.  We got to go to Mississippi and visit for a few days.  She was born on the 23rd by C-Sec, and came home Christmas Day...what a present!!!   Our only regret is that her Uncle Michael could not be hear to meet her....he loved children so, and would have spoiled her rotten...as if she won't be already.  As for the Prayer part of this forum...my Dad's cancer is past the point of further medical treatment.  This great-grandaughter of his, was named after him..his middle name is VAN....so we are of torn emotions right now.  I hope he gets to meet Vanessa in person before the Lord takes him home.

Happy New Year to all of you, and God's riches blessing on our healing hearts.

Love, Joyce

UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)