Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Intro: "What are your Dreams"?

Posted by on May. 4, 2007 at 10:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 404 Total Views
I can say for me i have always had the passion to sing!!!! Yes ive been a little singing diva since i was 7 yrs old. I of course in the church first, then high school Talent shows, then my fathers band.   Now i normally do my singing and of course my other gift, poetry on the stage reguarly at my poetry spot, called The Shadow Bar!!!! I have laid down some vocals for local rap artist, sang back up for another neo-soul artist, and now am im the process of promoting myself.     So let's share our stories of how we are making our dreams come to life, or if you haven't started, get inspired to do so!!!!
by on May. 4, 2007 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
fattkayjmama
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:24 PM
I must say that my first love is to dance, I would have loved to have danced with the Alvin Ailey Dance Theatre in New York City, and still would love too.  I would love to model, even at my age, it is also still a passion of mine. 
tylila
by on May. 7, 2007 at 4:58 PM
You know, I say go for it Girl, age is nothing but a number!!!
Chilos1Love
by on May. 8, 2007 at 3:13 PM
I honestly am still searching for exactly what I want. I have done a lot of fun things and have gone to school for a couple of things I love but I think I would love to plan events. Everytime I have it has been so much fun, from children's birthday parties, to our big coorportate events to the promotional modeling stuff that I have done, it is so much fun! I think I will finish with my interior design and business degrees and then move to event planning full time. Who knows though like I said I am just searching... =)
AntroNet
by on May. 14, 2007 at 10:24 PM
I would love to plan and promote events for a living.  I have done weddings and birthday parties and even bridal and baby showers and I had the time of my life!!!  The rush was perfect for me in that I have ADD-Inattentive. (Attention Deficit Disorder, in which I really can't focus on one thing for more than a certain amount of time.-- I consider this to be a gift--who wants to be able to pay attention to the same thing for more than a few moments at a time?). 

I am also currently working on writing a book, but I can't see myself writing for a living.  It's just that I have so much experience that I see need sharing.  I would like the final goal for my writing to end up on a stage in the form of a few good plays, however.  I have some written already and some waiting for paper and pen to get finished.  I go where God leads. 

I love to sing, too, but I am doing that just where I want to...in church in the choir and the Praise and Worship team.  I love being an influence there.  It feels so good to be used by a Graceful God!!!  

Anyway, best of love to all you who do dream!  I let the devil take mine out from under me for a while and I almost died.  But I got it Back---do you have yours?  If not, get it back quick.  Having no dream means having no lifeline.   
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)