Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Home Made Beading Loom

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2007 at 3:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 1865 Total Views
Home made Loom for Beading
--------------------------
*Read all instructions first to get a good understanding!!!

Materials you will need:
1 piece of wood 1 x1 works 20 inches long
2 screws 1/4 inch long
Screwdriver
Four thumbtacks
Thread
Beads (seed beads)
Tape measure
Pencil
Hammer
Nails

Measure from each end three inches, mark it and saw these off but dont discard them.

Taking those three inch boards, using a pencil draw a line down the center of them. [-------] not on the longest part!!!! As if you had them standing up in position like bookcases on the longer board.

Then using your saw make a groove in it. This is where your beaded thread is going to go so you can separate your threads when doing beading.

Take the other end of the three inch boards and nail it to the 14 inch board so it looks like this...
l______________l <~ the "l" is the three inch boards!!!

Once secure you will add your screws to the outer sides of your three inch boards like this...+l___________l+
the "+" is your screws one per side.

Then thread up your needle making sure there is a knot at the end...string on some beads around thirty or so, put in another knot.

Take this beaded thread put it in your groove and using thumbtacks on either side to secure the thread...[XXXXXX]
the "X" is your beaded thread.

Now all you have to remember is that if you are doing a beaded project you will have an off count of threads for any project i.e. if the project has six beads you will have seven strands.
Using the screws on the end to hold your strands and the beaded thread to separate your strands.

Take your time and before you start lay it out to help you if need be.
by on Sep. 12, 2007 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
horselover185
by New Member on Nov. 29, 2007 at 12:52 PM
that looks like something  that i can really use since i love to do beading thank you i am going to have my husband make me one for christmas
CloudWeaver
by Group Owner on Jan. 21, 2008 at 12:43 PM
Hey that is great! Let me know how it turned out. I hope my instructions were clear and understandable. If you have a picture of it would you mind sharing? Plus any beaded projects that were made from it if you have any pictures please share.

Have a great day!:)
SMS
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2008 at 9:39 AM
You can also use an old picture frame, plus the materials from the op.  That is how I made mine, and now I have 2 small store bought ones and my big picture frame one.

Since 1999            Myra 11-1999    Eva 4-2002          Vira 1-2003          Max 4-2005   

Stewie 6-2006

CloudWeaver
by Group Owner on May. 28, 2010 at 8:15 AM

That is simply great SMS! Thanks for the tip and the idea. I am sure its greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)