Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make Your Own Sunscreen!

Posted by on May. 27, 2009 at 9:22 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 146 Total Views

Make Your Own Sunscreen!

As it is that time of year again I thought it would be helpful to share a homemade sunblock recipe :)

Per normal with me all measurements are approximate, nothing has to be exact, but try to get close.

1cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup melted beeswax
1/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup vegetable glycerin
1/4 cup aloe vera
10 drops vitamen e oil
10 drops rosemary oil
2tbs zinc oxide powder
2tbs titanium dioxide powder

I melt the beeswax, then add the coconut oil into the pot and mix it together when melted. Then I mix the glycerin, aloe, vitamen e oil and rosemary into the hot water. Then I mix that in with the coconut oil and beeswax then stir the powders in (DO NOT INHALE POWDERS). It take a bit for it to combine it all well.

This has an spf of ~35-45ish. Beeswax makes it semi waterproof also.  Everything is totally safe for use on skin (0-1 ratings on cosmetic database for use on skin except vitemen e oil), but make sure you don't inhale the powders, this is important!

Disclaimer: Green Mama, Google, Poster or Readers are not responsible for results or use of tips, suggestions or recipes. Legal yada- yada, you use at your own risk. Not responsible for reactions, DO NOT use if allergic to any ingredients. Research ingredients you are not familiar with and all that jazz.

A blog where a financially responsible, crunchy, stay at home mom on a very tight budget shares the tips & ideas that help help her family stay afloat & live a green lifestyle. 

by on May. 27, 2009 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kels81
by New Member on May. 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Very cool. Thanks

Kelsie

KayMMIV
by on May. 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Quoting kels81:

Very cool. Thanks

youre welcome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)