Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone Use minute menu? PIOG

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 300 Total Views

I am soooo frustrated. So I started preparing to do daycare a few months ago- doing remodeling, getting things set up etc. I have watched a few children as drop ins while I work on getting licensed. I have been keeping reciepts and what not and am trying to input the info into minute menu program and am getting so frustrated. How do I record things such as my husband plowing snow? He says I should write this off and he 'charges' 20$ an hour. Or how do I record all the work he has done oin building my shelves etc in my daycare room? Is time space percentage for structures only? I tried to make my own catergory for snow removal but its not 100% business use and I didnt think you could use time space percentage for outdoor stuff. Ugh i need a in personal tutorial.

God Bless

by on Jan. 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mewebb82
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I have been using minute menu for 4 months now. In order to write off anything, you need to keep receipts for the IRS in case of an audit. Your husband plowing snow can not be written off. If you keep receipts for the materials for the shelves he built, you can enter that amount under the Home Improvement category. You can use the time/space percentage for outdoor stuff and should if it is regularly used by your family outside of childcare hours as well as for children in your are during childcare hours. For example, yard service or play equipment.

samanthabecker
by on Apr. 9, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I absolultely love MInute Menu Kids, I have been using it for nearly 2 years. Keep the reciepts for the materials you bought for the shelves, if those are in your daycare area those are 100% business in the home improvement category.  The snow plowing I would personally put into time-space percentage under other(time spent in the home).

2girls2boysmama
by New Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:55 AM

Hi! I have been using minute menu for a year now and I totally love it. It makes things easy for your tax person.  You can print out invoice to your parents. Its easy to use.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)