Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UUGGHHHHH....DAYCARE?

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 356 Total Views

I have been searching for a weekend babysitter for my two year old little girl, Marianna. It is so hard to find qulaity childcare especially for the wekends. I live in the west end-Henrico and have reliable transportation. I really need someone who has a care, but all of the webpages to search for childcare charge you to contact babysitters/nannies. I posted an ad on craigslist and barely got anyone but the person I chose is not a good fit. I pay her between $40-$90 every weekend. I really need some help with a reliable childcare or person who can watch her for no more than I am paying now.

by on Apr. 8, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
JSCC
by Member on Apr. 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM

sorry you're having such a hard time finding someone.  There aren't a lot of daycares that are open on weekends (our job is exhausting so we need some time off).  There are a few here and there that do weekend care.  Sometimes nannies/babysitters can do a great job too though (I used to do that).

You could try some other form of ad other than craigslist, like an add in the newspaper or hanging flyers up at certain places

iCE999
by New Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Hi There.

Did you try looking for a babysitter on www.parentrelief.com? Advertising there is free, searching for caregivers is free.

Good luck with that!

- Free Daycare Software - Parent Relief bizAdvantage
- Free Advertising - Parent Relief Online Directory
- Free Tutorial - How to Start and Manage a Daycare

Parent Relief - Bringing Parents and Providers Together

teaguer
by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 8:20 AM

care.com have qualified professional sitters

rubymarcella
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Yeah, I have worked as a nanny before so I know how it can be, but being on the other side is frustrating. The thought that not a single person does just nights and weekends is painful. If someone did, they would make a killing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)