Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice for ex

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

My exH has a 15 month old son with another woman. They have been having issues lately & it came down to she told him he is no longer permitted to see his son- not even pick up their son at daycare. I work in daycare in the same county this child is in (not the same daycare) & I believe that as long as he has proof he is the father (he does) & there is nothing court ordered saying he can't see him (there isn't) then he should be allowed to get him from daycare.

Any advice from other daycare workers? He does not have any parental rights either (I keep telling him he needs to file).

by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
wright1212
by New Member on Oct. 25, 2012 at 11:03 AM

The daycare can not follow a because mom said so. She has to file for sole custody until a court hearing will officially decide. Until a paper is showing that he can pick up. HOWEVER many daycares workers would be afraid to be in the middle of it, so he should try to beat her to the punch and he can file just as easy until a court determines. He can even be nice an get an order of split if he so wanted to. That would give him the same rights.

12crazykids
by New Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM

State law here says that if an enrolling parent identifies the noncustodial parent on the enrollment form, then either parent is allowed to pickup.  The only way I can deny a parent access to their child is ONLY if the custodial parent has court papers stating the other parent cannot have access.

If your boyfriend has no parental rights then he really should file to get them.  He is doing his child a huge dis-service by not taking legal action to guaranteee his invovment in the child's life.

He needs to get offf his duff and do what is best for his child. As the child's mother, I would have some serious concerns about a father who won't take the right steps in making sure that he can always be in the child's life and take financial responsibility too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)