Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What to charge in San Diego, CA and getting started

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:10 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 153 Total Views
I am looking at starting a home child care business in my home so I can be home with my children as well.  I was wondering if anyone knew what the rate is for home child care is in San Diego CA.  I am lucky enough not to have to pay it but I would like to be home wiht my children.  Any feedback for people in San Diego would be helpful especially cost and any helpful advise.
by on Jul. 29, 2007 at 1:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Crochet-Nut
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 8:58 AM

I would call around and get a price for your area. You want to keep your prices up to what everyone else is charging. I know in California it varies so I am not sure for you.
I know here in Nebraska you can pay 90 - 210 per week per child. It  is different from day care to day care. Most I have called are not to bad. I think in home was as high as 130 per child and in a center that jumped to 185. So centers do charge a bit more.

I hope that helped you a little.

LovesLife318
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 9:01 AM
call a bunch of centers in  your area to find out the rates... PRETEND you have a child going there.  Visit centers to see what they have to offer.  Get information, curriculum etc call homebased childcare providers ask their rates... then charge either the average price or whatever you choose.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)