Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Post-Holiday Thoughts/Feelings ... Anyone Else??

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:19 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 197 Total Views

Hope everyone had a great fourth of July!  Mine was nice ... I had a three-day-weekend, saw some family, there was a bonfire and a parade really was nice, but does anyone else get a bit depressed after the holiday is over?

Time for Monday again ... I find myself watching the clock, waiting for the end of the day, waiting for Friday ...

I like my job so I don't think daycare is the problem (although it is a tough job sometimes .... the hours are long and then we start over again the next day).  There are many parts of my job I enjoy.  I love the kids.

I just want to be able to enjoy each day more, to stop waiting for the end of the day or the end of the week.  I guess it's up to me to try to make each day special (make each day a little holiday of it's own).

Please tell me I'm not the only daycare provider that waits for the end of the day or week.

by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by Member on Jul. 7, 2009 at 2:38 PM

Nope! you are not the only provider to feel this way...I too count down the hours and the days.  I think we are just in a rut.  Like you said we need to spruce up each day and make it more exciting.  I want to do more learning activities with the children but I am clueless on how to get started.  I know there are websites to help but I guess I get overwhelmed with themes and projects to go with the themes etc etc etc. 

For now, as I watch the kids i try to do more around the house...start dinner early, do a load of laundry here and there stuff like that.  If you have any suggestions on how to make the day more exciting let me know :)

by Member on Jul. 8, 2009 at 4:46 PM

I had a great fourth.  Went to my sisters house to BBQ, swim and watch fireworks.

I feel the same way about day care but I really do think everyone feels that way with there jobs so don't feel bad.  We all can't wait until we are off work.

To spice up day care I order Mother Goose Time preschool curriculum for the kids.  Everything is organized for you and the kids love it.  If the cost is a problem have the parents split the cost of the program.  My parents give me $15.00 a month to cover the cost.

by on Jul. 9, 2009 at 7:32 AM

Thanks for the replies.  It is always good to know we are not alone ...

Yes, I guess even those who absolutely love their jobs need a break from them ... look forward to weekends and need to take time off, etc.

Sometimes the days just seem to pass so slowly ..... I've been trying to mix it up and plan fun things; that helps some .....

by Member on Jul. 13, 2009 at 7:43 AM

Hi all, coming to you from Cleveland Ohio.  Thank you for asking such an important question.  How do we get through the day?  Yes, I can totally relate to what you are saying about waiting for the day to be over, and for the weekend.  There is nothing like that feeling of relief when the last child leaves at the end of the day or week.  I don't feel guilty, but I would like to know if people in other professions also feel this way sometimes, I console myself with believing they do.   We do an important job but one that is taxing at best.  Yes, the kids are wonderful, unless they are terrible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)