Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long a hosptial stay for cerclage?

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:03 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 377 Total Views

Next Wednesday I am getting my cerclage @ 12.5 weeks pregnant.   Last time I had the cerclage I was already 20 weeks and it was an emergency one put in due to IC.     I also had to stay in the hospital a full week.

Since this is being put in early before the problems of last time, the situation is different and I wonder how long of a hospital stay should I be expecting?

by on Feb. 5, 2009 at 2:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
eycecreme
by New Member on Feb. 5, 2009 at 9:41 PM

As far as I know it depends on your anesthesia....I had a spinal and I went into the doctor at 730 am and the surgery itself takes about 20 minutes.  The anesthesia took forever to wear off....I couldnt leave until i peed and that was at about 1230pm the same day. 

nanjo33
by Member on Feb. 6, 2009 at 2:37 PM

The procedure was at 8 am and I was out of the hospital by 11:45am .  I had general anaesthesia(sp).

YK2009
by New Member on Feb. 7, 2009 at 3:08 PM

My cerclage was at 2:30 pm, by 3:30 pm I was already in my room. I had an epidural and it took until 7 pm to really start feeling my legs and have some mobility. We planned on stayed 1 night and by the next morning I was out

Kerry816
by Member on Feb. 9, 2009 at 11:04 AM

thanks!   I was just told that I could leave the same day,depending on what the dr thinks.

I will be getting a spinal.   I just won't find out what time I am going in until tomorrow!

akhartis
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 2:15 PM

I had mine done as outpaitent surgery at 13 weeks.   I was out about 2 hours after the procedure.  This is my 3rd time and it was the same every time.

Kerry816
by Member on Feb. 17, 2009 at 3:28 PM

I had it done around 8 am and I didn't get ready to leave until 1:30pm because I was waiting for the spinal to wear off!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)