Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Supplements & Recomendations by the Autism Research Institute

Posted by   + Show Post
This are the recommendations by the Autism Research Institute. Not everything listed here will work on every child, so its up to us to try different things until we find what helps our kids.

Improve Diet (veggies, Meats, organic)
Food Allergies
GFCF Diet
Vitamin/ Mineral supplementation (Super Nu-Thera from Kirkman Labs)
High-Dose Vitamin B6 & Magnesium
Essential Faty Acids
Gut Treatments
  • Anti-fungals
  • Anti-virals
  • Probiotics
  • Digestive Enzymes
Amino Acids
Melatonin (at night time for sleep)
Thyroid Supplements
Sulfation
Glutathione
Chelation (DMSA with ALA)-reported improvement in 73% of cases
Immune System Regulation
HBOT (hiperbatic oxigen therapy)
by on Nov. 14, 2007 at 1:46 PM
Replies (11-14):
vickiand4kids
by on Jun. 19, 2008 at 10:57 PM
What do you think of doing the SCD instead of the gluten/casein free diet?  I have read good things and it seems much easier to me.  Please let me know whatyou think.  Thanks...Vicki
mickiesmom
by Group Owner on Jun. 20, 2008 at 12:17 PM
Yes you can, but you need to rule out the Gluten and Casein sencitivity.

In my Mickie's case I had to do both. GFCF because his immune pannel shows him as having very high Immoglobin E, and the gastroenterologist told me that he would have to stay away from dairy for the rest of his life.

I did the SCD, because even after the gfcf, his pain keep coming back.

One way to find out it to just get a simple immune pannel done, just to be sure. Rembember that the infammation is already there, it's not caused by the foods they eat, but it's agravated by sirten foods and avoiding them is the only way to deminish the inflamation.
Video of Dr. Kingsman
His presentation on Autistic Enterocolitis
http://www.thoughtfulhouse.org/bio_akrigsman.htm

Dr. Andrew Wakefield at Autism One 2003
Dr. Andrew Wakefield speaks at the Autism One Conference in Chicago, May 2003. Autistic Enterocolitis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lRNhfgp-qo

Take care,
Zurama
missyt219
by on Jul. 2, 2008 at 10:48 AM
Currently I am giving my daughter Omega and liquid B complex.  I mix them in her oatmeal in the morning and she does not seem to mind.  The Omega (all mercury removed) is a gel tablet which I just snip and drizzle in the oatmeal.  It amazes me that it does not bother her to taste because it smells very fishy.  Since doing this for almost a year now we have seen some improvement in her being able to focus a little better.

I was wondering if anybody knows of a liquid calcium supplement as she has been completely off milk for about two years now.  She will not eat yogurt or cheese at all.  Once in a great while she will eat some vanilla ice cream on a cone which is about 1/2 a cup and that is at her request only.  I know that broccoli is a good source of calcium but right now the only vegetables she will eat is raw carrots and celery.  I have tried several but no go.

Her daily diet consists of 2 to 3 fresh fruits, never canned or frozen, raw carrots & celery, oatmeal, whole wheat toast, pancakes, peanuts, sunflower seeds, fruit snacks, strawberry cereal bars, cheerios, sometimes fries or chicken tenders, white rice, occassionally mashed potatoes, brown & serve breakfast sausages and occassionally just plain noodles.  She will only drink gatorade, cranberry juice, apple juice, or fruit punch capri sun.  I have tried water but she will only take a drink and then spit it in the sink.  I have also tried the Special K protein drinks but no go there either.

Missy   

Jennifer761
by on Nov. 18, 2008 at 11:23 PM

thanks for posting this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)