Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pull - Ups for a Ten Year Old

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 7:53 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 331 Total Views
  Hello, I'm so glad I found this group.  I've only looked around briefly and can already tell this place seems "most" like life around our house.  My son is nonverbal, most days I consider him moderately autistic.  However, some days life does go to the severe side (never the high functioning) and just the plain fact that he is nonverbal - no matter how much SEEMS to be sinking in that day makes life different from those with verbal kids.
  My big problem right now is pull ups.  Until recently, we were using good nites during the day and they worked well (most of the time).  Now, he has out grown the good nites and everything I've tried so far LEAKS terribly.  I do have some diapers that are pretty good, but at school they want a pull up style.  Thankfully, his summer school is on a break right now.  We have also tried some adult size and they are too high. An adult small may say 28 inch (his waist size) but they go to his chest!  I'd really appreciate any suggestions - Lisa

by on Jul. 11, 2008 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JackieMo
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2008 at 10:35 AM
Lisa,

Here is a possibility:

http://www.northshorecare.com/pullonsyouth1.html

My 9 year old son is the same way, but fortunately he is small for his age.  The time will soon come, though, when we will need to find something else. 

Hope this helps!
Cecily131313
by on Jul. 14, 2008 at 1:15 AM
My son has that problem to that his pull ups are always leaking so but he is to small to move up in size. So I added putting a poise in and its helpfull. Plus in the summer he drinks so much water I change him hourly. Hope this helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)