Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CHURCH....

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 2:37 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

HI... I WAS WONDERING..THOSE OF YOU WHO HAVE A CHILD WITH SEVERE AUTISM---DO YOU GO TO CHURCH? DOES YOUR CHILD GO? HOW DOES YOUR CHILD WORK WITH OR ACCOMADATE YOUR CHILD AND HIS/HER SITUATION...... JUST WONDERING HOW YOU GUYS HANDLE IT...

THANKS..

by on Dec. 3, 2008 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mickiesmom
by Group Owner on Dec. 4, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Mickie has severe autism and I don't go to church anymore. It's been over three years now :(

Vaszily
by on Dec. 4, 2008 at 7:41 PM

My son is what I refer to as moderately autistic.  He is non-verbal, but fairly mild behaviors.  We attend a church where I grew up.  The church is small and a lot of the families there have been around a long time.  I don't have him in Sunday school, even tough I'm sure I could if I wanted, he just sits with us and listens (for the most part).  I feel he enjoys the social aspect of church more than anything religious.  Since he doesn't talk, sometimes its hard to tell exactly what he understands.  I expose him to what is positive and don't worry about the rest.  I figure the Lord is probably the only one who knows for sure what is going on in my son's head.  I also think that it does everyone else in church good to be around my son.  He tends to be VERY happy and has some unique ways of "praising the Lord".  Also, I should mention my son is ten now - it wasn't always a happy time - God bless those faithful nursery workers! Lisa

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)